Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pyxis Minor - Loop Generator (Free; Universal; not on the Bus)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pyxis-minor/id931393910?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

Here's a fun one I saw on Discchord and Palm Sounds. Looks almost eerily similar to dot-Melody in some ways, but as a free app with some basic synth control options, it seemed kind of fun. I haven't investigated it enough to see if there are any real export options, but it is not AB-compatible at this time.

But hey, free and colorful!

http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple3/v4/92/71/54/927154e7-b735-78ab-9e51-e731acedd3bb/screen520x924.jpeg

http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple1/v4/c1/9e/8e/c19e8ea8-332f-c2c4-d6e6-070c02b8e955/screen520x924.jpeg

Comments

• Thanks.
    Download it.

• Thanks @StormJH1. A nice discovery.

• Hey all, I'm the developer of Pyxis minor and I've finally got around to adding Audiobus capability to it! I completed this for a university project, so it is currently and will always be free. I would love people to download it and have a play and maybe integrate it into some work flows!

I'm also in the process of working through a suite of simple audio effect apps for audiobus and IAA, the first one, phlox phaser,can be found at the project homepage: http://timothy-j.com/flora.html

• edited May 2015

Phlox Phaser is very cool and dev is responsive. Double plus! Glad to come home to Pyxis on the bus after wishing it was just this AM.

• edited May 2015

@wizardjenkins good stuff, you are indeed a wizard, Jenkins. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: I bought (I know, only a small investment, but still) your Phaser and I will resist telling you how stunning it is until I've tried it out, but am stunned by the simplicity....

• Awesome! Downloading right now. Thank you.

• Downloaded phlox and all I get is a blank purple screen! And it changes audiobus to 1024 frames. I deleted reopened and did a hard reboot still nothing. iPad 4 iOS 7.1.2.

• edited May 2015

Eep! sorry about that! it's a known issue that we've addressed - we're just waiting on Apple to review the latest update that will fix it!

EDIT: the new update should be live in the app store now!

• Thanks wizardjenkins! I love your app.

• Has anyone tried Phlox or the new Cactus Chorus? Are they really lightweight?

• Lightweight but simple and worth having I find. Sometimes when I want a little something (Nurse) the choice to try an app that does very little but does it well appeals. Doesn't always get it done, but when it works well it's quick and move on....

• Cool app Sir. I had it in the cloud somehow. Is there a way to see the bpm number?

• Pretty cool indeed. Since it was made for a university project and it costs nothing, I won't judge it for looking a bit like a dot Melody rip-off. The effects with the simple synthesis makes this one worth playing with and also quite nice sounding.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Lightweight but simple and worth having I find. Sometimes when I want a little something (Nurse) the choice to try an app that does very little but does it well appeals. Doesn't always get it done, but when it works well it's quick and move on....

Cool, thanks!

• Bumping an older thread cause I just found this little gem. Man, it is like an iPhone app blown up for iPad when using it on my Air 2 but there's something cool about the simplicity and immediacy of it.

Made a couple funky loops and the thing could actually be a neat songwriting tool. I love the way you can move the notes around the x/y pad to alter & form it. A bit like sound clay modeling.

The only tricky part is the sync of everything, there's a metronome but it seems it's more by ear that you have to punch out to get a smooth loop going.

Anyways, cheers to WizardJenkins on his cool app creation, it's free and under 30MB so even if you're like me and have like a hundred music production apps it won't squeeze too much out of your Pad...