Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDImorphosis updating to 2.2 -- support for iOS 8, minor fixes to MIDI learn functions

Folks -- MIDImorphosis 2.2 should be updating, with support for iOS 8, and the latest Audiobus.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midimorphosis-polyphonic-audio/id495856824?ls=1&mt=8

If you spot some weirdness, let me know, and I'll try to sort it out. As everyone here knows, there's been a lot going on in iOS audio land, so if you see something, say something....

Here's a video for those who have not seen the app in action (no major changes in this version, but yes, there's a lot going on at the 'base).

Comments

• I hope this not a dumb question but, will the faster processor in the iPad air 2 reduce the latency on MIDImorphosis ? I am currently on a first generation air and for my needs the delay/performance is just below the threshold for use in a live performance, of course this is also true for Midi guitar, Sonuus G2M, Thumbjam etc. Is there any likelihood in the near future of these apps becoming more responsive with greater processing power or has the software approach hit the wall? Thanks for the update.

• There's a bit of room to reduce latency -- I'm working on a major rebuild, and it'll likely be released as a new app (yay for bundles, which allow for a low-cost upgrade path).

The current version was designed to work on slower hardware -- there's some internal buffering to avoid dropping samples, and the signal processing is not in the real-time thread. With the new hardware, I should be able to eliminate the buffering and keep all the work in the audio thread, making it more responsive. I've also found a couple of new signal processing tricks that should help the polyphonic mode. I'm hoping to have the new version out by the end of the year.

• @banjofran said:

I hope this not a dumb question but, will the faster processor in the iPad air 2 reduce the latency on MIDImorphosis ? I am currently on a first generation air and for my needs the delay/performance is just below the threshold for use in a live performance, of course this is also true for Midi guitar, Sonuus G2M, Thumbjam etc.

@SecretBaseDesign said:

it'll likely be released as a new app (yay for bundles, which allow for a low-cost upgrade path).

i buy MidiMorphosis with the hope to play live, but feels same for me,
    cant use it.

too much compromise of latency and note gaps or missanalysing...
    and it tastes sour to read that i had to pay a second time for another app to use this (maybe!) like its "promised" to play your guitar like another keyboard... i try and buy the other apps too, by the why....still more a funny gadget as a new way to play synths musically illiterate.

• @obiwahnkentobi

With @SecretBaseDesign's track record of low price (amazing) apps, frequent sales, responsiveness to users, tutorials, free PC/Mac integration, etc, I don't think anyone should get a sour taste in their mouths by buying another app from them. He just said bundles would allow for a low-cost upgrade path. There is no IAP gouging here.

With that said, this gave my 1982 Omnichord a whole new life as a midi controller instead of a weird instrument to make samples and 8-bit sounds from.

• edited October 2014

@BvsMV said:

@obiwahnkentobi

With @SecretBaseDesign's track record of low price (amazing) apps, frequent sales, responsiveness to users, tutorials, free PC/Mac integration, etc, I don't think anyone should get a sour taste in their mouths by buying another app from them. He just said bundles would allow for a low-cost upgrade path. There is no IAP gouging here.

With that said, this gave my 1982 Omnichord a whole new life as a midi controller instead of a weird instrument to make samples and 8-bit sounds from.

i respect the work and the social skills!

but

i pay for a app, which i cannot use....so it dont taste sweet to read that i had to pay a second time for the feature....thats all, we speak about 1-2Bugs maybe....so i will try it a second time....but it feels like it could be not the last time.....and i pay IAP from time to time, and dont feel gouging after....;-)

• What does it matter if you pay for an iap or you pay for a new development, especially if the cost is equivalent? Devs have spoken on this forum about the challenges posed by building iaps into apps. For many (especially smaller shops), it's not a viable course. My experience with MM is that you have to invest time in finding and tweaking the apps and patches that work best, and there are many in my humble experience. Furthermore, expecting a $5 app to perform without any latency - a level of performance that has until now required a minimum of $300 in hardware - is not reasonable. Secret Base makes this point clearly in their MM demo video.

• The new version is being tuned for new hardware; it's not going to run well on older stuff. If I just update the current app, I'd be breaking things that are working on older platforms -- not a good thing to do. Of the options for rolling out a complete reboot of the app, the new-version-plus-bundle-upgrade-for-those-who-want-it seems like the most reasonable. Having new versions of software as a paid upgrade is fairly standard -- most the desktop software that I have to buy in order to create new apps works this way.

If the current version really isn't working at all, this would be the right time to get a refund from the app store. Many of my apps have free versions so that people can try them out. I wish there was a way to have try-before-you-buy, but Apple isn't allowing anything like that, and I'm trying to stay away from IAPs.

• thx for your statement i appreciate it....and will try the new one ;-)