Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Crystalline update!

Don't sleep on this update, everyone - the time-synced delays are a very awesome addition, and there are some other great features too. Thanks, Holderness! Works great on iPad 4, iOS 7.1.2

Comments

• When I read that Crystalline has introduced ducking delay, I thought it was an angry typo, in my defence I have never been exposed to that that particular piece of lingo, but with a little help from google I am now all set to experiment

• @papertiger said:

Don't sleep on this update, everyone - the time-synced delays are a very awesome addition, and there are some other great features too. Thanks, Holderness! Works great on iPad 4, iOS 7.1.2

You're quite welcome!

@banjofran said:

When I read that Crystalline has introduced ducking delay, I thought it was an angry typo, in my defence I have never been exposed to that that particular piece of lingo, but with a little help from google I am now all set to experiment

Some rejected update description ideas included "I want to duck you like an animal" and "go duck yourself". Ok, not really but I should try to sneak something in there next time just to see if it gets through review. :)

• edited October 2014

Since ducking is not familiar to many people, here's a little overview on its use in Crystalline.

Oftentimes guitarists will use moderate ducking settings in a subtle manner to compress the delay/reverb trail a little in order to tame the effect trail a bit while playing. Alternatively you can use higher sensitivity and lower threshold for a more drastic side chain compression style effect. Of course there's a wide range in between these extremes so you'll want to experiment with all 3 ducking parameters according to the source material you're running through Crystalline in order to achieve the desired result.

Here's some guitar examples, and the mother ducking tutorial for Crystalline.

Edit: Not sure why these aren't embedding at the moment so here's the links.

Crystalline New Delay/Reverb Ducking Audio Examples

Crystalline Delay/Reverb Ducking Tutorial

• Wow. That very much changes what's possible with Crystalline. What a great idea. Thank you!

• @syrupcore said:

Wow. That very much changes what's possible with Crystalline. What a great idea. Thank you!

Coming to Echo Pad soonish as well. :)

• WTD? Great add!

• @HoldernessMedia said:

@syrupcore said:

Wow. That very much changes what's possible with Crystalline. What a great idea. Thank you!

Sahweet. Is ducking the loopers on the table at this point?

• @syrupcore said:

@HoldernessMedia said:

@syrupcore said:

Sahweet. Is ducking the loopers on the table at this point?

Yep. :)

• oh. snap.

• The updates are...Stunning.

• edited October 2014

Good stuff. + many.

• Holderness, FTW!

• @HoldernessMedia The "ducking" feature adition is genious Chris! A Doug from the @thesoundtestroom would say "simply brilliant!".

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@HoldernessMedia The "ducking" feature adition is genious Chris! A Doug from the @thesoundtestroom would say "simply brilliant!".

Thanks man! It definitely makes Crystallline even more flexible so I hope people enjoy it.

• edited October 2014

Why are some of your apps universal some not?

your brilliant simple user interface would work on ipad & iphone....

why is e.g.

echopad works on ipad & iphone

crystalline is just for the ipad.

my iphone6 would be happy to use them ;-)

• I will be releasing iPhone versions of the rest of my apps soon, probably before the end of the year. :)