Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I'm holding off on getting the new iPad Air 2

After several conversations and reading between the lines, I believe the cause of the problem that everyone is seeing has to do with iOS 8.x and I don't believe it will be fixed until a future update fixes it. Resolution to the problem will take "months" according to those who know what is going on.

I personally am planning on not buying an upgraded system until the issue is fixed. Since hardware is released yearly, waiting "months" can be equivalent to waiting a hardware generation for a fix. What if the iPad Pro is announced in the spring or fall of next year? It wouldn't be worth it to get the air now....

...Just my thoughts (which change often). ;-)

Comments

• Good on ya! ;)

• I'm glad I found this forum last month. Without it I would have upgraded my lowly iPad 3 to iOS8 and would have been a world of hurt with all of the new apps I purchased. Thanks to everyone for their advice.

• I want an iPad Air 2 but don't need an iPad Air 2. I'm definitely not spending any more money on a new iPad until everything starts working again.

• @Audiojunkie said:

After several conversations and reading between the lines, I believe the cause of the problem that everyone is seeing has to do with iOS 8.x and I don't believe it will be fixed until a future update fixes it. Resolution to the problem will take "months" according to those who know what is going on.

I personally am planning on not buying an upgraded system until the issue is fixed. Since hardware is released yearly, waiting "months" can be equivalent to waiting a hardware generation for a fix. What if the iPad Pro is announced in the spring or fall of next year? It wouldn't be worth it to get the air now....

I agree. I've also read some reviews that mentioned there is no real difference in perceived processing speed for "most" apps between the iPad Air and the iPad Air 2. The processing increase only shows up in heavy CPU apps like video editing etc. For me, Auria is the most processor intense app I use and it is working pretty good on my original iPad Air.

• Really? My iPad Air 2 is purring. We all work differently and my workflow is at its best since buying iPad 1 in 2010.

How many apps are you going to run until you crash that Mac Pro X? That is the question.

I work differently as my iPad is just a part of my total village music system and I love it. That is not to say everyone else has to do things my way.

Waiting for iPad Pro? After Apple Watch is soaring all around the world then Apple might decide to build iPad Pro but I ain't waiting for that.

• @Martygras said:

@Audiojunkie said:

I agree. I've also read some reviews that mentioned there is no real difference in perceived processing speed for "most" apps between the iPad Air and the iPad Air 2. The processing increase only shows up in heavy CPU apps like video editing etc. For me, Auria is the most processor intense app I use and it is working pretty good on my original iPad Air.

I agree. Stick with what works for you. That's the way to go.

• Someone is "cruise"-ing for a bruising from @Sebastian. :-)

• OK @cruise You may be right. I spoke out of line. I haven't seen any negative comments since @Sebastian spoke with you. It just seems like you've gone from negative comments to passive-aggressively putting "+1" on everything to annoy. I'm probably wrong, and publicly apologize for calling you out.

• I'm certainly not going to buy an ipad air2 nor an ipad pro.
    I cannot believe that apple has broken a nearly perfect ios (6). I'm rethinking about apple.

• @Audiojunkie said:

OK @cruise ... It just seems like you've gone from negative comments to passive-aggressively putting "+1" on everything to annoy.

At least "+1" is positive...

one just has to remember that if there is 1 new post in a thread, and the author is cruise, it's safe to ignore.

• An ignore feature would be useful for trolls perhaps.

• I've deleted him.

• That works just as good.

• He'll be back. Trolls always find a way. good on ya, though, Seb. I can't fathom having that much time on my hands to just lurk around a forum and try to stir up shit all day.

• I'm doing my happy dance right now!!! Thank you Sebastian. We all thank you. What about @crizzy though? Isn't that his duplicate account? I'm keeping a watchful eye. What? Me, paranoid?

• Just one more thing, if Cruise were still here I am sure he would be fine with your decision and even also say +1 .

• +1 to -1!

• my iphone contract will be up in about a week. I'm upgrading from my 4S to a 5S; not a 6. I'll pass on Air2 and upgrade on the next iteration.

• edited October 2014

Rather than trolling I think he had serious anger management issues. Also, +1.

As for the iPad Air 2, I'm getting it anyway, because it would be my first iPad (I come from iPhones and iPod touches, and from a Stratocaster), so I'm gonna hit the trigger and hope for the best.

• Do keep in mind that the problem seems to be with ios 8 and not the ipad air 2 , so whatever new device if bundled with ios 8 you may well have problems.

• Maybe iOS 9 will be better, who knows, and I'll still have a device with power.

• Considering the average age on this forum it's easy to see how a stoned 16y.o. with an ipad can feel tempted to stir shit up and had a massive giggle at the reactions. If there's 2 of them things get even worse. I'm glad things get sorted fairly quickly though thanks to a cohesive community and great moderation. May it continue.

Back to IPad Air 2. I think running the bus with shed loads of apps can max the ipad but what I've noticed is that it is not the CPU but mainly not sufficient ram is the problem. I've hardly ever seen my CPU going beyond 60% but ram is always close to 100.

The good thing is that if ios 8 keeps taking ages to get sorted iPad Air 2 should drop in price around this time next year. Just don't update to ios9 when the time comes ;)

• I'm going to hold off buying the new iPad Air 2 as well. If Apple still signed iOS7 then I'd buy one and stick iOS7 on it but Apple will not do that so they won't get my money until iOS8 is fixed.

• edited October 2014

Always nice to save money : )

I mean, I just bought a 64gb Air2 and frankly it was a 'ouch' moment. I bought it for Audio stuff.
    But nothing I'm hearing here has me question this.

If there's an issue it needs to be fixed, and I will complain LOUDLY until it is.

• saving my money until it is fixes as I stated in the other thread.

• edited October 2014

Well, maybe the upside of the too-many-iterations downside is that if one waits a while it won't be long before the next bus comes by...

I feel somewhat sorry for the devs we know (either directly or via product-use) who I imagine have been (and will be) paddling pretty furiously below the waterline. Some apps will be abandoned (or rendered as such anyways).

One of my biggest concerns is how increasing requirements and complexity might impact the ability or desire of one-man-band devs to get into the water in the first place. Perhaps this is unfounded.

Would love to hear the viewpoint of those who are out there right now as regards the prospects for the next generation of developers...

As for trolls, good modding in this case, but, to all, unless one enjoys the sport (really?) it's been true for about 25 years already; don't feed the troll. At all. Ever. It's the only thing that works.

• edited October 2014

• Oh crap, cruise name's already taken. Too bad joker.

• Since i'm upgrading my iPad each year i will upgrade to the Air 2 anyway.Keeping it for a year maximum still gives me a good reselling value.My mini Retina has even a couple of months warranty left now.IPad pro is not an option for me,size of the normal iPad is the maximum i'd like to have in my bag.But who knows?IF there will be a Pro and IF it will be THE shit i might think about it...but i'm definitely not waiting for one.

• edited October 2014

@mmp said:

+1 to -1!>

Good one!