Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pixelmator on iPad

This is not a music app but if you like to create, edit and enhance images, this app is super efficient. I use it on the Mac and for £2.99 on iPad, it is a steal.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pixelmator/id924695435?mt=8

Comments

• Looks nice, but iOS 8 only.

• When you upgrade, it will be waiting for you :)

• Fair play. Is the current price an introductory offer?

• On UK App Store there is no mention of an introductory price.

• I use Leonardo app and downloaded Pixelmator a while ago and I think Leonardo is more easy to use and more complete imo
    Leonardo - Photo Editor with Layer, Selection and Mask por Pankaj Goswami
    https://appsto.re/us/rpYgN.i

• Very glad this is out now. After years of using Photoshop, I finally discoverd this for the Mac and it's SOOOO much better.

• edited October 2014

Leonardo rocks. Video tutorials accessible in app. Use it all the time in conjunction with a bunch of other apps to create "iPhone Paintings" like the following http://is.gd/zcB0jt

There's a couple more after that one on the same tumblr account.

• Looks good on ipad4. A pleasure to use.

• whats the best stylus for the iPad?

• I use the Wacom Creative Stylus. It has some flaws, but i find it the best of the ones i tried.

@kobamoto said:

whats the best stylus for the iPad?

• @yaknepper: I've considered the WCS too. I'd be interestd to hear what flaws you feel it has.

• This app doesn't seem to support any of the pressure sensitive styluses, or does it?

I'm happy with the WCS but the WCS2 is cheaper, has a finer tip and no need for batteries shopping. I'm only holding off because of some scary youtube vids and because Procreate isn't supporting it yet. No opinion on the non Wacom ones.

• Pixelmator is so good. Best £3 I've spent this year.

• I'm hovering the buy button. But I'm also looking at Leonardo, a similar app I just discovered @ the same price tag, similar features with layers, masking, color correction and lots more. I do have Photoshop Touch, but the UI is so horrible on that one I just can't use it. So it's either Leonardo or Pixelmator as a replacement for PS Touch. Anyone used both Leo & Pix? How do they compare?

• I've been a happy user of Leonardo since it was released. The dev had a former app called Superimpose, still available for $0.99 that has plenty of features, obviously not as much as Leonardo,but a great app.
    I haven't used Pixelmator, but depending on your desired use of the app. Maybe experimenting with Superimpose for a buck will highlight how you'd feel inside of Leonardo?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/superimpose/id435913585?mt=8

• Thanks @SpookyZoo , I'll check that one out. I'll probably end up getting both Leo and Pix, being the appoholic that I am. :/

• If you want to buy a good app for photos check iColoroma it is a must

• +1 for Leonardo, but the projects can take a lot of HD. Handy Photo and Laminar Pro are great as well.

iColorama is great, and sometimes is free, so...

ArtStudio is a mix between drawing and retouching. Best on his world.

Photogene and Filterstorm, easy to use.

Photo and Drawing apps are my main addiction, music appart. :)

• Looking forward to trying iColorama, but have to add my vote for ArtStudio. Not a very inspired name, but does most of everything in the drawing/art field. Photography-wise (in terms of everyday work) hard to look much past Snapseed.

• Did you know there's a photo app review at thesoundtestroom page?

(Put some thriller music here).

• You're just hyping pixelmator so you can make the ios7 hoggers jealous! ;) tried to buy it but got the nasty surprise.
    I'm definitely loving procreate. Made me want to reconsider previously failed attempt at drawing on ipad. I definitely need a good stylus though. It really bugs me when they have the fat tip. I was eying that one with transparent plastic disk tip but never pulled the trigger. Anybody tried it? I might try wcs2.

• Shit, just checked the price! Don't think I can justify that :0

• what's it called?

• Adonit jot pro

• cool beans, gotta check all of these out.

• @supadom : The subliminal marketing guru, a.k.a. Doug, convinced me that I wanted a stylus. I also hate the look and feel of the fat tips so after reading some reviews I decided on the adonit jot pro. Knicked one from eBay at 75% of the price. Now I'm no stylus connoisseur but I like it. It's a bit weird at first with the disk but you get used to it. Solid metal finish, rubber grip, and the cap screws onto the back to counter balance the weight. I'd absolutely pay half price for another one if I ever lost mine.

• @supadom said:

You're just hyping pixelmator so you can make the ios7 hoggers jealous! ;) tried to buy it but got the nasty surprise.
    I'm definitely loving procreate. Made me want to reconsider previously failed attempt at drawing on ipad. I definitely need a good stylus though. It really bugs me when they have the fat tip. I was eying that one with transparent plastic disk tip but never pulled the trigger. Anybody tried it? I might try wcs2.

>
    >
    I really love Procreate for paint on my photos i have a Bamboo pen and works good

• what's a bamboo pen Aphex?

• @kobamoto said:

what's a bamboo pen Aphex?

It's a stylus. This is mine:

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Corp-Bamboo-Stylus-Tablets/dp/B004VM0SE6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1414635672&sr=8-3&keywords=bamboo+stylus

The good thing is it has (cheap) replacement nibs. Right now, there are several new models.