Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

First Impression with Air 2

okay, first impression of air 2. i like the non-glare glass. the ipad is lighter and thinner. now for the music apps. audiobus: (input) animoog, alchemy and ivcs3; (effects) AUFX Dub & Space; (output) AUFX peakq. buggy as hell. i expected animoog to be buggy as I am running 2.2.2 (i have been beta testing 2.2.3, which is up to its sixth iteration. i have to wait until tomorrow to be able to access 2.2.3(6)). i was surprised that ivcs3 and, especially alchemy, were severely stuttering at a latency of 512 (256 was, of course, far worse). i then ran animoog, alchemy and ivcs3 outside of audiobus individually and was shocked that find they are all stuttering. the developers and apple have a long way to go to get this straightened out. i'm just going to have to wait it out. incredibly frustrated and disappointed.

Comments

• I wasn't expecting that. Sorry for your troubles; I hope this all gets sorted out.

• Hmm, that's disappointing. Maybe a reboot would help?

• Is this using the very latest iOS 8.1? Just curious.

I was using Alchemy yesterday on an Air with 8.1 and it was struggling with automation. That preset box in the middle was jumping around when it should have been running smoothly. Fortunately my go to app, Gadget, is running fine with the midi controller apps I use (StepPolyArp and Changeling).

Sucks that a new device doesn't hit the ground running.

• That's unfortunate. Keep us posted if your impressions change. I wasn't going to run out for one right away, but was thinking my next iPad may be that one.

• @1P18: it is using the latest version of the iOS.
    @Munibeast: I tried that. I also turned off all unnecessary functions and tried it in Airplane mode.

• My new Air 2 is to be delivered tomorrow. I'm considering just saying fuck it and sending it back and maybe reconsider once this has all blown over. If I open that thing up and have issues like this I will be so livid that it's probably not even worth it.

• edited October 2014

Ok

This is bad. What is bad, is you have made a thread about iPad Air 2 issues, when this is an OS issue.

• Hopefully more iPad Air 2 users will chime in with their experiences.

• @1P18 said:

Is this using the very latest iOS 8.1? Just curious.

I was using Alchemy yesterday on an Air with 8.1 and it was struggling with automation. That preset box in the middle was jumping around when it should have been running smoothly. Fortunately my go to app, Gadget, is running fine with the midi controller apps I use (StepPolyArp and Changeling).

Just a bit off the original topic, but have you checked the Alchemy settings and turned off "Inertia"?

• @Ringleader I'm not doubting Adam at all, but I wouldn't make that decision based on 1 person's experience. Best to just hold on to it for a week or so and see what others have to say.

• @Seangarland said:

@1P18 said:

Is this using the very latest iOS 8.1? Just curious.

Just a bit off the original topic, but have you checked the Alchemy settings and turned off "Inertia"?

It's off. It seems mainly like Alchemy is just not recording all the automation properly, because I tried recording new automation on the opposite side and upon playback it would jump back to the other side like it was reading the old automation. I tried both the highest and lowest latency too (though I'm not even entirely sure that applies here) and still couldn't get smooth automation.

• @Nubus said:

Ok

This is bad. What is bad, is you have made a thread about iPad Air 2 issues, when this is an OS issue.

Technically you're right, but they kind of go hand in hand. Seems like they should maybe get the iOS working right first so that when the new device comes out it doesn't run into these problems. That being said, surely there's something that works that can be tested, IAA maybe?

• @cruise said:

my tuesday's posts could have saved you all a whole lot of money, but, try to 'workaround it all' LOL

You're like that guy that paints his underwear blue and dresses up like a superhero to fight crimes, if only we would have listened.

• Sad to hear there is still trouble with iOS 8.1. Thank's, then i wait a few months to change my iPad Air if ever. I also want to wait if there is really an iPad pro early next year. What makes we wonder if that there will ever be a 8.2 or have we now to wait for iOS 9.x.? But i have not that much trouble on my "old" iPad Air.

• Cruise, please pull your head in, You are ruining this forum for me, enough of the snide remarks, I am here to learn from others and I don't appreciate your B.S.
    I admire the tolerance of the moderators on this forum but in the process of allowing for any personal issues you may have and wiping the slate clean following your incredible meltdown a couple of days ago it all only appears to have reinforced your obnoxious posts. show a bit of humility for goodness sake.

• I must say, this report is shattering my "all that speed and RAM will solve all the problems" fantasy.

• edited October 2014

@AdamMatza1967 said:

okay, first impression of air 2. i like the non-glare glass. the ipad is lighter and thinner. now for the music apps. audiobus: (input) animoog, alchemy and ivcs3; (effects) AUFX Dub & Space; (output) AUFX peakq. buggy as hell. i expected animoog to be buggy as I am running 2.2.2 (i have been beta testing 2.2.3, which is up to its sixth iteration. i have to wait until tomorrow to be able to access 2.2.3(6)). i was surprised that ivcs3 and, especially alchemy, were severely stuttering at a latency of 512 (256 was, of course, far worse). i then ran animoog, alchemy and ivcs3 outside of audiobus individually and was shocked that find they are all stuttering. the developers and apple have a long way to go to get this straightened out. i'm just going to have to wait it out. incredibly frustrated and disappointed.

Hm, not sure what to make out of this
    did u try a hard reset?
    hold the home button and the on/Off button a few sec to Do this ...

Now Try with Single apps again ...

• @cruise said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

I must say, this report is shattering my "all that speed and RAM will solve all the problems" fantasy.

careful now, there is an army of apple lovers here that say apple can never do wrong,ha.

Cruise : I may be 'sensitive' also... But I have to admit that reading this forum is getting less fun since you started trolling on every topic. Could you please consider delivering your B.S. on other websites please.

• @cruise said:

@banjofran said:

Cruise, please pull your head in, You are ruining this forum for me, enough of the snide remarks, I am here to learn from others and I don't appreciate your B.S.
    I admire the tolerance of the moderators on this forum but in the process of allowing for any personal issues you may have and wiping the slate clean following your incredible meltdown a couple of days ago it all only appears to have reinforced your obnoxious posts. show a bit of humility for goodness sake.

LOL, a little sensitive are you, ha.

I can see your career on this forum is come to an end quite soon so,enjoy your show as long as it lasts.

• Do not feed the troll, just ignore it, trolling is no fun if nobody reacts on it. ;)

• I'm sure you know what you are talking about ;) But i also have to admit that you changed your previously rude attitude.

• I'm so glad you like my attitude and now btt

• And here I was just about to drop my Air onto an eBay listing. Seems I should hold off for a bit. I haven't yet left iOS 7 so I can't really say, but I do hope these issues are just with iOS 8 needing to get ironed out, and not the Air 2 itself, because I really like what I'm seeing on paper for the new device. Should be interesting to see how this all pans out.

• @cruise said:

careful now, there is an army of apple lovers here that say apple can never do wrong,ha.

Sorry Cruise, there is an army of musicians here , and as has been stated before , most would jump ship to android if the apps were available. iOS has been buggy for the last few years and Apple don't listen to our complaints. They only want you to buy the latest hardware (which still doesn't work with iOS8)
    I was going to buy a new Air2 but that won't solve the problems. Apple need to fix the OS before the army takes to its feet and move on...

• I think issues of performance with the Air 2 need to be taken according the sample. I have doubt whatsoever about the issues @AdamMatza1967 is having but it is a sample of one. Since iOS is no longer the simple operating system we used to know there are loads of potential factors at play.

• @cruise: please check your inbox.

• edited October 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I understand that mr. cruise has ruffled some feathers but I would just like to remind you that a little perspective goes a long way. The internet is not actually a place, you're all actually still at home in your pajamas, eating coco puffs… iow it's going to be alright. :)

• edited October 2014

I wonder if the app /os is having diffculty with the extra core. In my experience un-optimised stuff like this work better on a single core, rather than multi-core. Its not the same scenario, but I had to power cycle my iphone 6+ on ios 8.1 a couple of time to get it play nice with BM2.