Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Freezing tracks in cubasis

Hi, im having an issue with cubasis, the midi or audio track plays fine but the frozen track its at a slower tempo.
Any ideas on how to solved?

Comments

• I had this too, last week. iOS 7 but latest version of Cubasis.

I couldn't find a fix. It happens consistently on every IAA track.

So I gave up on Cubasis.

• I'm Also in ios 7.1.2 with cubasis 1.8.2, after restoring the app a couple times the problem dissapeared, but i dont think thats a a real solution, left me insecure about working in cubasis

• Sometimes putting the device in airplane mode solves this, dont ask me why..

• What is your latency setting? Switching to 256 can help.

See the following link to a thread on Steinbergs forum.

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=64859

• @xen said:

What is your latency setting? Switching to 256 can help.

See the following link to a thread on Steinbergs forum.

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=64859

Thats the solution, thanks for the link

• Thanks, good to know

• Even with the buffer set to 256 the Freezing of IAA-Tracks is not 'spot on', some notes are slightly are before the beat and some after, truly annoying and without sample accurate editing of the recordings it's next to impossible to fix this... Guess we'll have to wait for yet another Cubasis update :)

• Cubasis is a marvel of Engineering (as in I marvel at their Engineering)

• Using audiobus saves a lot of frustration.IAA never worked great in cubasis.After losing several projects because IAA crashed (including cubasis) i gave up and only use IAA for insert and send fx.

• edited May 2015

Except if you have one of Steinberg own Audio interfaces, then Cubasis crashes on startup when initiated from AB. I've been stuck with using IAA, since getting both Cubasis and AB in Feb. This is a known issue and I'm not sure why Steinberg finds it ok to boast about their superior AB implementation, both on their own product page and on app store description, under these conditions. They should at least make a clear warning.