Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mi.1 wireless Midi interface

Just got my Mi.1 in the mail today. The app that makes it work is awaiting apple approval. Anybody else that funded the project get there's yet?

Comments

• I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. I'm waiting on Miselu's C.24. Both should be interesting in showing what can be done with BT LE.

• As soon as the app drops I will do a review on it. Hoping it's a very simple app interface.

• This is what it looks like fresh out the box.

image.jpg 1023.3K
  • Love the concept. I hope it works as advertised!

• Very cool! It looked like they were doing a nice bit of engineering on it. Is there a separate app for iOS that they'll connect to (that would be my guess -- I don't know that Apple has released enough info on their BTLE MIDI for them to implement the protocol).

• Super interested in the Mi.1

please post your thoughts when you can, stoked!

• edited October 2014

Hopefully mine is waiting in the mailbox (been on the road the last week and a half). Of course it doesn't really matter till the app comes out. There was a blurb from QUICCO

"We have succeeded to connect mi.1 to GarageBand directly by using "Apple Bluetooth LE MIDI". You may know Apple has supported Bluetooth LE MIDI on iOS8. You will be able to try the new function(firmware) which will be uploaded through the mi.1-connect App. "

So direct support thru iOS may be in the immediate future.

• The mi.1 connect app is finally released. I did the firmware update as advised on one connector and experienced a huge increase in latency. I decided to do nothing on the others. Works with Korg Radias, doesn't work (not seen by the app) on DSI Tetra (sad on that one).

• I've been testing it with a super old MIDI stage piano and it works like a charm. Waiting for the next update that supports built in iOS 8 BLE MIDI without an extra app. I like it.

• I forgot to say that I tested it on an iOS 7 ipad air.

• Anybody try it on a midi controller (only midi out)?

I only have an Alesis Q25 and an FCB1010.

With the Q25 midi out connected to the mi.1 (connector with the led), the mi.1 connect app shows nothing.

With the FCB1010 connected (both or just the midi out), mi.1 shows in the box to the left of the Orange connect button. When pressed, the "unknown" changes to "connected" but I can't get any midi messages to show up in Loopy or in Midi monitor.

Using iPhone 5c iOS 8.1

• Just tested mine with my waldorf pulse 2 synth — works well!

Setup is simple:
    mi.1 plugged into synth <-> iphone5 (ios7) <-> mi.1 app <-> SoundPrismPro.app

Latency is not noticeable.

The only one cons for me is that mi.1 powers up only when both in & out connectors are connected, so I can't use it with my shiny korg volcas :-) (has only midi in)
    I hope that it is not hardware restriction and can be tweaked in upcoming firmware updates.

• Hi everyone! :)
    I've had the mi.1 for a while now & only just tried to hook it up & update it's firmware while connected to an Arturia MiniBrute. I emailed the devs who replied straight away that the mini+microbrute don't give 3.3-5volts from their midi out, which is why they're incompatible. I have other midi keys that I'm sure it will work with tho, so it's all good :) You can email them to check compatibility here - http://www.quicco.co.jp/contact

All the best! :) <3 x

• @ilya said:

Just tested mine with my waldorf pulse 2 synth — works well!

Setup is simple:
    mi.1 plugged into synth <-> iphone5 (ios7) <-> mi.1 app <-> SoundPrismPro.app

Latency is not noticeable.

The only one cons for me is that mi.1 powers up only when both in & out connectors are connected, so I can't use it with my shiny korg volcas :-) (has only midi in)
    I hope that it is not hardware restriction and can be tweaked in upcoming firmware updates.

Same here, the app said connected but no signals receive. With just mi midi out plugged.

Mi midi out & in plugged, it works.

• Oh right, midi out is needed for powering device :-)
    There are discussion on their FB page on workaround for devices that doesn't supply +5v on midi out (or just doesn't have midi out, like in my case)

• edited January 2015

For $45 via Amazon (had mine in 2days with prime) I am amazed by this little guy. With the correct voltage via midi out it provides a great short range wireless midi interface to Ipad3 and newer and iPhone 5 and newer. It can be powered with just midi out without plugging in the in side. It worked with midi in and out to my older Macbook using my Midiman 2x2 USB midi interface also. I have tried it with a WX11 midi wind controller connected to a WT11 synth and it worked well. It did not work with the WX11 connected to my battery powered BT7 interface but when I plugged that into to a MIDIMan 2/2 with USB power from my Mac it did work as it had enough power then. If I can figure out how to get power to my Pocket Midimerge without needing my Mac (just a rechargeable USB phone battery backup pack) I think that will be the answer. I am working with Quicco as I don't want to ruin the Mi.1 doing this myself. This is a midi solution and does not handle audio.

• I've tried it with a Midi "You Rock Guitar" guitar only has midi out and runs on batteries. Works fine, but it must be a trick to connect because it does not fit perfectly. Add a midi extension cable in-out.

I have also tried using the iPad as a bridge to play with Garage Band on an iMac, using the Midi Over Apple Bluetooth LE.

• you can check my comments on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/quiccosound

• edited June 2015

I've decided to sell mine. I haven't used it at all because IOS7 is no-longer supported I hadn't realised this when I bought it. If anyone is the UK wants to buy it I'm looking for £30