Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

State Saving Cubais

Does Cubasis support state saving in AB2? Or just another thing broken with actual mix up of using IOS7 with updated apps for 8. Although saved in the preset, Cubasis just always starts up with the latest loaded song before closing. Which than of course is mostly the wrong one. Or is there sth I missed?

Comments

• @helmutmaria said:

Does Cubasis support state saving in AB2?

no.

• That project thing is a pain...you want a clean project to a quick job on and you get three synths and a dozen fx opening in the background cos thats what you were running via IAA last time.

• edited October 2014

@xen said:

That project thing is a pain...you want a clean project to a quick job on and you get three synths and a dozen fx opening in the background cos thats what you were running via IAA last time.

I raised a similar issue on the Auria forum, and my recollection is that there might be a work around for developers who want to change that for their users. don't quote me, though. I'll try to link the thread.

EDIT: thread link: http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12550&p=35273&hilit=template#p35273

• xenxen
    edited October 2014

@papertiger

Cheers for the link. Interesting comment on there about Apple requiring apps to open in the same state as when they were closed. I guess one workaround would be for Cubasis to include a settings option..open on last project or open on blank or open on menu. Then as part of the apps shutdown procedure it sets itself up before it closes according to what the user has selected. Then when Apple test it they find that it's last state policy is being followed.

• ^ yep. I'm usually trying to boot as fast as I can when I'm on the metro home, so (ironically?) having the last thing I was working on load up every time is a pain in the neck. I've tried to get into the habit of ending each session with a blank project.

we'll see. In Rim I trust. I will be over the moon once it gets MIDI.

• @DaveMagoo said:

They have added it to their feature request list :)

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=61832

Yeah, they are good over there. Someone from steinberg responds to posts within a day or so.

• Great, looking forward to this