Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beat juggling/fill app?

is anyone aware of an app that does something similar to what this guy does in this video around the 2:31-2:34 mark. He touches the ribbon controller on an Electribe EMX-1 at different spots allowing him to play some nice 'instant drum fills'. I have Drumjam and there are features that are in the same ballpark, but not exactly as in the video. Any apps? Maybe the upcoming BeatHawk app? Does Effectrix do something close?

Comments

• Sector? Not sure if you can trigger it though (don't have that app yet)

EGDR808 has fills you can trigger in sequence, though it's obviously limited to 808 sounds.

I've see this question come up before though, so there is kind of a need!

• You can trigger portions of the loop that you've loaded in Sector using the bottom four buttons (T1, T2, T2, T4), so you could probably do some beat juggling that way.

In any case, Sector is fun as hell for destroying/remixing/making beats.

• Turnado. Lots of beat juggling possible there.

The korg electribe apps - obviously.

Effectrix also has a slicer which will do it.

Sector wouldn't be 'real time'. But let's you slice and dice a loaded loop.

• If you want it live... Probably your best bet is to run the drum track through Turnado as an effect (make sure Turnado is synced). It has loads of beat juggling possibilities.

• Sector, earhoof, effectrix, sequential

• Yep, for live use turnado and effectrix will do the trick nicely.

• Just watched the video. Turnado will let you do this and much more. It will throw in ring mod, pitch shift and filter among others. With audiobus you can chose the part to be affected.

• Turnado and Timeless 2 aren't really the same thing at all. Not sure why Timeless was even suggested here to be honest. Timeless is the best delay I know of on iOS but not really a solution for drum-fill type tweaks.

I would echo the suggestions of Turnado for what the OP is specifically asking for.

• Timeless 2 is amazing, the most in-depth delay on iOS (probably the best sounding, too). I really need to configure it with a controller.

• I can suggest Figure (using only the Drums track) and even better Samplr, which can play arpegios on a preloaded drum pattern

• Oh, and iKaossilator

• @afd said:

I can suggest Figure (using only the Drums track) and even better Samplr, which can play arpegios on a preloaded drum pattern

Yep, this is a good one. It kinda does sound like sector when juggling rhythm loops.

• Does DM1 have an built in effect like this? Haven't used it in a while.

• i don't think so, deleted dm1 quite some time ago, nice features but the interface/ workflow is just not my kind of thing, but it has a great randomizer feature that you can get some great results out of.

and the impc has a crazy feature called the flux feature, it's an xy pad that will glitch/or shuffle up a sequence so if you play your drum track, mess with the flux pad you can get some great results and in addition to that your fluxing is recordable, which after that you can even copy the sequence and record your self fluxing out the drums again and record that, then go to sequence pad play and switch back and forth between sequences, each sequence having it's own shuffling/glitching and juggle that way… really great for variation..