Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Question About Gadget Routing in Audiobus

My apologies in advance if this has been asked already—I haven't found the answer yet.

Is it possible to send individual gadgets in Korg Gadget to separate routes in Audiobus?

Comments

• Hi.

No. Not possible unfortunately.

• That would be amazeballs.

• No, you cannot do what you asked, but there are obvious workarounds available, such as putting the whole thing together, and then just using Solo/Mute to record them individually. But I recognize that some people like to record 5 tracks at once (my devices likely wouldn't tolerate that anyway).

• edited October 2014

Thanks, guys.

The issue I have with your workaround, @StormJH1, is that effecting the gadgets at the time of production (rather than post-prod) can lend a creative advantage, whereas the solo-and-export approach kinda stymies that. However, it may be the least of all evils (for now).

• Would be nice, but at least we got a Word of the Day out of your inquiry: Amazeballs!

• xenxen
    edited October 2014

@kgmessier said:

Thanks, guys.

The issue I have with your workaround, @StormJH1, is that effecting the gadgets at the time of production (rather than post-prod) can lend a creative advantage, whereas the solo-and-export approach kinda stymies that. However, it may be the least of all evils (for now).

Very true... But, there is also a benefit in committing to production choices and making them work. Infinite options seldom leads to perfection... Evolution happens because of the constraints rather than in spite of them.

Anyway enough of my philosophical rambling, a practical tip;

Export the tracks as audio stems and load them into Loopy. You can then run 12 tracks through 12 Audiobus channels and put individual fx chains on each one. Exporting is quicker than recording each track via the solo/mute option (10 tracks out of a 6 minute song will take over an hour compared to a few mins if you export)

• Now that's a good tip.