Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ThumbJam v2.4.2 update

This is mostly a bug fix release, but a few featurelets snuck in. It just went live so may take a little time to propagate.

• fixed Audiobus "port unavailable" errors
  • fixed unresponsive issues when creating instruments or using mic recording on iOS8
  • added email export of user presets
  • previously exported presets can now be imported via Open In
  • refined storing of multi-presets vs presets
  • improved VoiceOver accessibility of sidebar popups (key/scale, quickswitch, and splits)
  • added option to ignore IAA sync
  • added latched mode option for sustain-looped instruments
  • fix note drag redraw issue
  • fix monophonic mode stuck notes

Comments

• Interesting what catches the eye (or imaginary ear), I immediately like the latch.....thanks for your efforts.

• @sonosaurus said:

• fix monophonic mode stuck notes

good, that was a problem I had recently.

• Nice. Thank you, Jesse.

• i had : fixed Audiobus "port unavailable" errors
    and Sebastian said you fixed it and was waiting for Apple :)

thank you

• I don't remember if I already did... So I just want to thank you for your App : it is my prefered music making app on my ipad (I use it in every project).

I also use DrumJam a lot (particularly to add a little 'human feeling' to Drumbox beats).

Do you have other apps in plan ?

• That is sadly correct @OtisFunkmeyer. In order for me to support Audiobus on iOS8 I had to use use the latest version of the Audiobus SDK which only supports iOS7 and above. I basically had to choose between forcing all the pre-iOS7 users to never get bug fix/feature updates to TJ again, or to not be able to use AB anymore, and I chose the latter. An unfortunate circumstance all around.

I've been thinking about how I might be able to get the Audiobus guys to make a special version of the older SDK that could coexist in a built binary with the new SDK, and simply choose which one to use at runtime. This hasn't been done yet.

Sorry!

• Here here! Yeah I'm a sonosaurus superfan, what?