Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

new Gadget track - NIN sounding?

My latest track - made with Korg Gadget (send thru Audiomastering for a little sweetening). This one has a heavy sick groove to it that I think sounds a bit in the territory of Nine Inch Nails (didn't intend this, it just came out that way)... This one taxed my ipad4 - think i had 17-18 gadgets running - it was really starting to stutter and crackle.

Please give it a listen - comments appreciated.

Comments

• Great track @Halftone, NIN came to mind as did Edward Scissorhands. Loved the pad sound at 1:30ish and the lead around 2:50 was very cool (though possibly a little loud, but I'm just using the speaker). Liked the vocal samples just bookending the song too.

• Works for me. Crisp top end and has a real menacing quality about it. The sounds work well and it all 'fits'.

• Great sounds from gadget. How many scenes did that take? :)

• thanks guys - @AlterEgo - it was 18 or 19 scenes total..

• This is excellent…exactly the kind of electronic music I'd like to be making on the iPad. And yes, that opening bass is very NIN-sounding. Which gadget did you use for it?

• the opening 8 bars its a Chicago gadget with arp on, then when it kicks in I added a Berlin. I'm so happy with the heavy groove and thick sound when it kicks in with both basslines and the beat. I could listen to those 8 bars over and over..

• Totally dig it. Great work. Reminds me more of an instrumental Depeche Mode circa 1992 track than NIN. Might be the triplet bass/personal jesus connection in my mind though. Totally agree with @xen - the crisp top end is really perfect for this tune/mix.

• thanks alot - that's a great compliment - I'm more of a Depeche Mode fan than NIN. Hadn't really heard it before - but I do now.

• The pumping rhythm made we think "personal jesus" too ;-)

Great track, Gadget is one awesome piece of software.

Are the vocal samples imported?

• the sample at beginning (Let me introduce us...) is from the movie The Purge ... the other vocal samples at end are from a London gadget internal sound.

Gadget is really great - but I do find myself wishing for some different synth sounds sometimes. Hoping they add another Gadget synth or two in the near future.