Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking For An Orchestra Hit

edited October 2014 in General App Discussion

I know it's very 80's and all, but I'm looking for iPhone app that has such a preset or can put one together - or if I can trigger an .sf2 from bs-16i or whatnot without having to deal with MIDI & other tech I don't need this bad enough to have to acquire. I've hunted through these & other deleted apps for something before, to no avail. What follows is a list of the synth apps I do currently have:

iPHONE 5 APPS
Garageband
Cassini
ThumbJam
Arctic Keys
NanoStudio
Music Studio
Animoog
Alchemy
Sunrizer
Addictive microSynth
Magellan
Argon
Xenon
XK-1

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• You can get the actual original Orch Hit with this, plus a shed load of other original 80’s samples, this is the basic version, but it has that sample, there is also a Pro version, here is the iPhone link if you sant to check it out
    Peter Vogel CMI by Peter Vogel Instruments Pty Ltd
    https://appsto.re/gb/z8-cz.i

And here is the link to my demo for Pro

• edited October 2014

Might be fun to try to roll your own using thumbjam and its internal looper. Few extra bits from other apps as needed.

• @syrupcore Hmmm. Never tried that. Amazing isn't it, what obvious wrinkles there are in this world as yet undiscovered...

• @syrupcore said:

Might be fun to try to roll your own using thumbjam and its internal looper. Few extra bits from other apps as needed.

I have tried some of this, layering instruments from different apps... but it's just not quite what I'm looking for.

• Yeah, that 80s orchestra hit is a pretty specific sound. I'm sure you can find a youtube video of some 80s song that has it fairly isolated for sampling purposes.

• edited October 2014

Heh, or send Doug a beer :) Check his video at 12:30 or so.

• Like I said right at the begining of this thread, that Orch hit is an original sample from the CMI.