Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video, How To Find and Unlock The Secret Hidden Synth in Caustic 3.1

And when you have it unlocked I show you how to build a patch for the PCM Synth with it
http://www.thesoundtestroom.com/caustic-unlock-hidden-synth/

Comments

• xenxen
    edited October 2014

Fantastic... Just unlocked it. Now to watch the rest of the vid. Thanks for sharing :)

Edit: nice guide to building the patch. The synth not only fun but looks useful too.

• Thanks for the video Doug! Informative as usual. I love Easter eggs espicaly ones filled with secret synths! I wonder if a dev can sneak something under Apples radar. I'm sure it wouldn't work though. They probably look at the code as opposed to actually playing the apps right?

• There have been features (removed historically) on audio apps which were sneaked back in with easter eggs. I think the issue which got it banned was recently rescinded, but just in case I'm not mentioning it ;)

• It is good fun though :-)

• So, the Caustic devs went to all the trouble of coding a hidden keypad to unlock a hidden synth...

Why the keypad if there isn't more to find? If it was just the chip pad, six taps on the screen would have done the job.

With 9999 possible codes, and a lot of screens to explore, this could take some time...

• The pad is for bug fixes, the synth is just a bit of fun put in by Rej as a thanks to users and the people who watch his tutorials

• I thought as much... I'd got as far as 0109 and nothing was showing up ;)

• Nice touch! This is where caustic trumps gadget. This totally kills TOKYO. I know people will say that they're different but imagine having a pup like this in Gadget. Small developers win here. Thanks.

• RejRej
    edited October 2014

Hey guys, yeah the secret numpad was added during beta testing for users to tweak certain values and access features that weren't quite ready for mainstream yet. Most of what was tweakable has now been locked in.

Here's one to enable a stem export option though (so 14 separate tracks taken at mixer line output + aux effects, no master effects applied): 78367

You'll have to fish out the exported stem files yourself though, there's no sharing built-in for them. Just as for the SFXR it's not officially supported.

The codes were disclosed in the app submission but I doubt Apple goes that far in testing. No hidden APIs were used so I doubt they care.

Thanks for the video Doug, I'll post a link to yours from mine.

• Rej...that's great, thanks for sharing... For those of us new to iOS is could you go into the details around the 'fishing out' process?

Can it be done from inside the pad or is it an iTunes type thing with files in the Caustic folder?

• I guess a few people will like the stem export option

• @xen: Either use the FTP option from Caustic's "connect" menu if you're familiar with FTP, or iTunes file sharing (plenty of write-ups on the web about getting app files from itunes) or use a program like iFunBox.

If none of them are familiar and you want the easiest option, look up iTunes file sharing.

The files are in the /songs/export folder and are named as [song]ChXX[instrument].wav

@Doug: I've added that link to your vid from mine.

• @Raj. Thanks, iTunes works for me.

• Works for me and works well. This is a big plus on this side of the street. @Rej Thank you.

• edited October 2014

This is a great news item!!
    I wanted to post a request for this feature :)

Thanks @Rej

• What the...stem export?? Sweeet! Thank you @rej.

• @Rej when you say no master effect, does it mean that the delay and reverb knobs values in the mixer won't apear in the tracks?

Thanks,
    Caustics is my No1 music creating tool. The best studio on IOS

• No, master effects means the stems don't have the master inserts and EQ/Limiter applied to them. The AUX effects (global delay and reverb) are exported as separate wet only tracks so you can mix them back in.

• Thanks @Rej. I love caustics delay and reverb. I just need to see how I mix it back in.

Anybody here know how I can mix the effects back in Auria?

• Anyway a code will unlock a physical modeling synth. :)

• i cannot export my stems properly. i tried soloing channels also. whatever i do, it only does the first channel. when i export stems all the others are silent. when i solo, every track is the first channel. i tried using the app on ios 8.2 and the desktop version on osx - same problem. cannot register on your forum either, in safari or chrome - the word verification fails every time.

• @leolodreamland

I just tried exporting stems and it works fine for me, desktop and 8.2. Since these are unsupported functions at this time I don't know if the dev will respond. Try registering on the forum with Firefox and somebody may be able to help you. I'm pretty sure I was able to register on Safari but that was a while ago.