Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad Air 2 have A8X processor & 2 Gb of RAM :-)

Comments

• 'What appears to be' is still a speculation

• edited October 2014

But what about the Mini?The same A8X or not??

• Looks like the iPad mini 3 has pretty much the same specs as last years model , aside from the finger print sensor. A bit disappointing really .

• yep,saw that now.That's really,weird imo.Damn,i like the form factor.I don't want to go back to the bigger one but i'd love to have 2GB ram now :(

• edited October 2014

I'd take that 2gb ram spec with a grain of salt unless someone can point to official confirmation.

• @miguelmarcos said:

I'd take that 2gb ram spec with a grain of salt unless someone can point to official confirmation.

you mean confirming it's actually 2 gb of physical RAM rather than some virtual RAM software-type thing? (I'm so up on the lingo)

• No, just a confirmation of 2gb of physical ram. There was no mention of ram, as usual, in the Apple presentation today.

• Hoping too ... Especially they demoed those video and photo editing apps....they are more cpu and ram hungry and the reason to demo them now could be due to cpu and 2g ram

• edited October 2014

Absolutely no point in upgrading from an iPad air if the air 2 has 1gb of ram.

Could be good news for the bank balance though.

• iPad Mini 3 have A7 processor....

• What processor did the iMini 2 have?

• EgzEgz
    edited October 2014

@miguelmarcos said:

^^^ this. Imo it would be a selling point if they could say: "we've doubled the amount of memory".

• How long does it usually take to find out about the RAM on a new iPad? I imagine some web site will run tests.

• edited October 2014

iPads share overall ram with video/graphics and general processing, correct?

2.5 times more graphics performance in Air 2 is nothing to sneeze at. I'm thinking it almost has to have 2GB shared ram to achieve this. Providing the code on the ram really is what it needs to be to indicate 2GB, the leaked images are matching up (16GB, A8X, etc.) to the actual Air 2. I think it really will have 2GB ram.

• edited October 2014

@mkell424 said:

How long does it usually take to find out about the RAM on a new iPad? I imagine some web site will run tests.

As soon as it releases, which in this case is about a week.

I wish some savvy journalist had downloaded a system monitoring app to one of the demo units in the post-event hands-on, could have had it confirmed that way....

• What does Retina HD as opposed to plain old Retina mean? More pixels one assumes.

• edited October 2014

@TedBPhx said:

What does Retina HD as opposed to plain old Retina mean? More pixels one assumes.

2048-by-1536-pixel resolution at 264 ppi is what it says on the web site. I believe it's the same. Maybe they are talking about the new antireflective coating.

• Thank you.

• They never claimed the new display was Retina HD did they? I was specifically wondering if they would or not and didn't hear it mentioned.

• On the web there are some photos of the RAM from Elpidia and is 2 GB.....so I hope is true :)

• If it's got 2bg (IF), and it's 40% faster, this is going to be fun, eh? :D

Moving to the big league.

Note: (if they stick with 1GB i'm thinking i'm done with it for Audio. It's a case of 'Build it and they will come' . No incentive for developing for a gimp.)

• With all the rumors and leaked photos I'm almost certain that it will have 2Gb. Those photos also revealed that it would have an A8X rather than the expected A8, which was a surprise, and that turned out to be true.

• edited October 2014

@Flo26 said:

Steve jobs has just called me on the phone and confirmed ipad air2 would have 2gb ram.good night.

Oh great. That settles it then. Now I can buy one later tonight.

I'm thinking 64GB cellular (my first cellular iPad)

• they could make so much money if they made a version especially for musicians, I don't know why they don't go for such a cash grab. something insanely optimized for audio and video they could charge twice the price and musicians all over the world would break their legs to get it

• @kobamoto said:

they could make so much money if they made a version especially for musicians, I don't know why they don't go for such a cash grab. something insanely optimized for audio and video they could charge twice the price and musicians all over the world would break their legs to get it

Yeah, that would be a cash cow. :D

• @kobamoto said:

they could make so much money if they made a version especially for musicians, I don't know why they don't go for such a cash grab. something insanely optimized for audio and video they could charge twice the price and musicians all over the world would break their legs to get it

Obviously I have zero stats, but I think musicians would make a really small % of users? They make a really small % of the users I know.

• still they're willing to pay more, there's allot of musicians who use computers in the world
    I think it's at least enough to be worth making a specialized buck off

• They should just make a powered lightning usb hub that also charges the iPhone/iPad.