Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TonalEnergy Tuner symphonic wind instruments now in ThumbJam

I finally decided to make the TET symphonic wind instrument suite freely downloadable inside ThumbJam! Get them from the Sound->Download Samples menu. Since they were designed to be a consistent tonal reference, you need to supply your own human expression during sustain in the form of shake or finger vibrato and volume swell. But that's a good thing, right? :)

Comments

• Thanks, Jesse. Most generous of you.

• Very nice - thanks!

• As a lifelong BariSax player, I am totally Jazzed to have these instruments in ThumbJam! I download a lot of apps, but this addition is definitely going to change my sound in my songs. (For the better) I really am hugely appreciative for something that likely won't earn you a dime, but is worth a bunch to people like me.

• My wife just asked if I was going to spend another evening with my iPad. Told her I just got a gift and It would be rude not to take it out of the box and enjoy it for awhile.
    Thanks man, your app really got me rolling with all this and it just keeps getting better!

• Thanks. I just got your excellent Drum Jam but now I'm going to get this one too.

• Double plus good. Thank you.

• Worth a second post: Your public relations instincts (or better put, your instinct for customer relations) are excellent, only matched by your product itself, however, if I were involved in your marketing I might argue with you over the title of this announcement. TonalEnergy Tuner might be a well-known 'brand' to some folks, but I had NO IDEA what you were putting out on the platter here.

This is a great set of instruments.

• Thanks Jesse!

• edited October 2014

Thanks, looking forward to exploring.
    I was wondering, given you can add expression yourself, why some of the original samples were recoded with vibrato. Viola, for example. It means you can't play without, or add it at different times yourself.

• thx jesse! :-)

• edited October 2014

thank you Santasaurus

• Same here, that's a marvelous set of samples you've just given away. Thanks!

• Thanks. Unexpected gift, but welcome! :)

• @Fitz said:

I was wondering, given you can add expression yourself, why some of the original samples were recoded with vibrato. Viola, for example. It means you can't play without, or add it at different times yourself.

Good question, there are a few reasons. For bowed string instruments the act of vibrato itself brings out different resonances in the body of the instrument that just can't be reproduced artificially (very easily). In other words, it just sounds better that way, and the tradeoff was worth it in that case. Speaking specifically, the Viola in TJ was recorded with a bit more vibrato than I would prefer, and I wasn't present for that session. A late onset would be have been better.

• Thank you for the slow response time addition. Much easier to use now.

• @sonosaurus said:

@Fitz said:

Good question, there are a few reasons. For bowed string instruments the act of vibrato itself brings out different resonances in the body of the instrument that just can't be reproduced artificially (very easily). In other words, it just sounds better that way, and the tradeoff was worth it in that case. Speaking specifically, the Viola in TJ was recorded with a bit more vibrato than I would prefer, and I wasn't present for that session. A late onset would be have been better.

Thanks for the reply. It makes the viola a little unusable I'm afraid. Maybe another sample set one day..... The new samples are great though, thanks for them.

• TET is similar to TJ in the "I bought it for this reason but HOLY SHIT WHAT IS ALL THIS OTHER AWESOME??!?".

• Thank you so much ,Wonderful Sounds!

• @syrupcore said:

TET is similar to TJ in the "I bought it for this reason but HOLY SHIT WHAT IS ALL THIS OTHER AWESOME??!?".

Oh YES, same to me!

• Just an official reminder that TonalEnergy Tuner is on sale 50% off for a limited time during Apple's Explore Your Creativity promotion. http://AppStore.com/ExploreYourCreativity

Other good stuff for sale too like Loopy, Bebot, Traktor DJ, etc, plus some camera and video apps.

• Love what you do! Would this be the place to make instrument requests for Thumbjam?

• Sure, request away!

• Is there a possibilty of adding a more complete set of string and orchestral instruments in the future? Even if it would be an In App Purchase?