Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So Retronyms had this contest /vote type thing for what the next features of the IMPC Pro would be?

Does anybody know which features won the contest/vote and when they will be implemented?

Comments

• Where was the contest?

• i think it was on their site or something I'm not sure, I heard about it here.

• Ha. If so, they were probably expecting new audio effects, instead of compatibility fixes like AudioBus, MIDI improvements, and proper trimming of ACP loops.

• edited October 2014

Yer right. "What pretty flowers would you like next?" "We don't want no stinking flowers, we want deep roots and we don't mean Maxim Ludwig & The Santa Fe Seven."

• Agreed on the pretty flowers statement.

A contest to determine features of an app called "pro." Awesome.

It is what it is I guess.

• they don't respond on their Facebook page so I don't know what's going on with them

• They don't want to spend time on AB because that can be already done via loopy IAA. More fx would be good but possibly for the 2gb ram machine?

I don't use it because I can't be asked to load up my own samples due to total lack of time but to be honest I find impc pro a very capable machine.

• @kobamoto said:

Does anybody know which features won the contest/vote and when they will be implemented?

It was timestretch

But I wouldn't bother thinking about it, it's pretty clear impc pro is abandon ware now. Same retronyms game as always

• abandonment and resting on your surprisingly huge laurels because you made an app that's actually better than you intended are two different things respectively i mean think about it, this app is almost amazingly perfect for what it is, I don't think they've abandoned it but I def think them and akai are wondering how to move forward

• iProphet just launched. I'm not sure if call that resting.

• in regards to the impc pro not iprophet.

• I would like to see auto transient detection when opening a break or loop into the chop to pads section.

now that would be useful.

I would love to see a visual read out of the current pitch my sample is, as I adjust it, rather than relying on my ageing ears.

also more variety of fx per pad to add to the distortion would be good.....IAP opportunity perhaps?

I live in hope,

I agree it's a great app as is though, refinements will only build on its quality.

• transient would be nice, I wish you could make a sequence 1bar or even less instead of the 2bar restriction but oh well, just stuff retro does for no reason i guess.

• Yes, the lack of a one bar option is a puzzle.

• edited October 2014

Hello everyone.

We just updated iMPC Pro, Tabletop and AudioCopy. All free updates, all including many many fixes and little improvements. iOS8 caused a little disruption here and getting everything running smoothly there hasn't been a small job. Large complex apps need lots of testing in order to do an update. Software takes time.

Yes, we just completed iProphet after over a year of development. I'm proud to see another fine synth for the arsenal.

Without announcing any plans from Retronyms I can say that for at least the past two weeks I've been working on time stretching. JP has been designing different work flows and ways of using the technology. I want to reiterate that I am making no promises as to when/if or in what form this work will materialize.

Looking forward we can see these devices taking another leap forward in terms of their power and possibilities. We are still experimenting with Extensions in iOS8. They show how seriously Apple takes iPhones/iPad as tools.

Meanwhile our group has to work on many things simultaneously. There is something special we have been working on for quite some time. More on that next week (I hope).

Thanks for all the support and patience. (I promise to look at 1 bar loops)

• Many congrats on iProphet @DanWalton, it's a classic.

• That's some good news. Can't wait to learn more about that "special something".

• edited October 2014

@DanWalton appreciate the check-in. And appreciate the work. Look forward to seeing what you've got in the pipe/oven. Interesting to know if the 1-bar thing is a major piece of work or not, would certainly allow a level of flexibility writing-wise. ACL is in full flow here right now and armies of hipsters are about. Please mention to JP that the fullbush beard seems to be the next new/old thing.

• edited October 2014

@ Dan Walton - Hope to see iCloud Drive support soon

• Bravo! If there's hope for the 1bar issue then there's hope for the audio export issue that prevents seamless loops, and maybe even consideration for getting the green loop button that's in the audio copy app, into the impc pro sample editor!

Thanks for the consideration Dan

• edited October 2014

I had a wife like you once. Lovely woman. I would buy her stockings and she would put the rest of Neiman Marcus on my charge card. You know how it goes. One night in Queens (for that's where we were living) I had a vivid dream: I was standing on the rail of an old trawler and from behind me (where the boat was due to be) I was being drenched by a wave of water that despite my long leather coat crashed directly onto my skin. And in this wave there were chunks of fish. And then I woke up and my wife was emptying her stomach, her two bottles of wine and a lobster in cream sauce dinner, down my back. Perhaps this is why I’ve always turned away when sleeping. I know. A little too heavy on the metaphor.

• Lol I once had a husband like you as well, but I doubt your wife could work a sampler like me big boy and while I have you here what's all the hipster animosity about, for that matter what were hipsters even called before the phrase was coined?

• edited October 2014

Thanks for the update Dan. There are two things currently preventing me from purchasing this app: 1) Lack of midi (clock, start, stop), 2) No timestretch! Retronyms and Akai will have a happy new customer once these features are implemented :)

• edited October 2014

@DanWalton Thanks for the update

• Thanks for the update Dan! Great product, well worth the money. Glad to hear development is continuing. Two things I hope are in the works: timestretch and MPC Studio/Ren file export. For now, I can manually copy my chops and recreate the kits in the desktop software. Sequences are another story. That was one of my favorite features of the original iMPC.

• Thanks for the update, time stretching would certainly give this app a great new feature. Any ideas if there will be a ip6 or 6+ version?

• midi learn for flux fx

• @DanWalton said:

Hello everyone.

We just updated iMPC Pro, Tabletop and AudioCopy. All free updates, all including many many fixes and little improvements. iOS8 caused a little disruption here and getting everything running smoothly there hasn't been a small job. Large complex apps need lots of testing in order to do an update. Software takes time.

Yes, we just completed iProphet after over a year of development. I'm proud to see another fine synth for the arsenal.

Without announcing any plans from Retronyms I can say that for at least the past two weeks I've been working on time stretching. JP has been designing different work flows and ways of using the technology. I want to reiterate that I am making no promises as to when/if or in what form this work will materialize.

Looking forward we can see these devices taking another leap forward in terms of their power and possibilities. We are still experimenting with Extensions in iOS8. They show how seriously Apple takes iPhones/iPad as tools.

Meanwhile our group has to work on many things simultaneously. There is something special we have been working on for quite some time. More on that next week (I hope).

Thanks for all the support and patience. (I promise to look at 1 bar loops)

Dan, back in July when iMPC Pro was released you responded to Youtube video questions that the reason the MPC file export was missing from iMPC Pro was because of changes in the file structures and that it wasn't ready in time for the release, but it was something that you were working on. A few days ago I asked about it and Eric responded that it was a great idea but you guys have no immediate plans of implementing it and no idea of when or if it would be added. What's the deal?

• and AB support? Dan?

• have you guys heard anything back from Dan yet?