Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iProphet Video, Demo, Tour and Lots of Sounds

Another very good synth for your collection, I would have like an arpeggiator and maybe a reverb, but still a classic sim, I've had this working with IAA and AB so all seems to be OK so far
http://www.thesoundtestroom.com/iprophet-synth/

Comments

• Is it just me or also others: I can't start the video(s) ?

• edited October 2014

I had to fiddle a bit more then usuall, tapping away at the red play thing before it eventually started.

Arturia should edit this down and slap it on their site as a sound demo, with full creds to thesoundtestroom.com lol. Their own audio demos doesn't do a very good job demoing this synth (plus they use sounds from other sources mixed in).

• edited October 2014

@ChrisG said:

they use sounds from other sources mixed in.

This seems such an obvious no-no....

• Yea It's drums, but still not a good way to demo sounds/presets for a synth.

• Certainly demonstrated some powerful sounds there! It was an immediate buy for me, been looking forward to this one.

• very trippy Douglas.i spaced out just listening to it.i had just rolled me a fat number too.
    hats off to the devs.this thing is filthy dirty.luv the tap nob/fine adjustment control.very smooth...

• I'm getting the same play bug on the site, tap a few times and it starts, or as soon as you tap it tap on the You Tube linkin the top right corner, that works fine, I'll tell Colin, its probably something simples :-)

• That's a plugin issue, I have it almost every time I try to watch a video from your site.

• Are you familiar with this issue @fjcblanco in other websites too? I've never experienced the videos not playing and it's happening for me this morning as well.

• It's happening on every site I go to this AM...

• Yes,it's happening on other sites too.NSA?
    Great video,as always.I purchased the app yesterday and was a bit disappointed,but your
    way to treat the presets changed my mind a bit.And the official video is cheating- I did NOT
    get a SUPER STUDIO JOB today!Just the usual daily work.

• Thought it was just me. Is it only on Safari where you can't play the videos?

• @Fitz said:

Thought it was just me. Is it only on Safari where you can't play the videos?

Just tried Chrome via iPad. Not working there either.

• edited October 2014

@CSwinn said:

Are you familiar with this issue @fjcblanco in other websites too? I've never experienced the videos not playing and it's happening for me this morning as well.

Exclusively YT videos embbeded in other websites except YT. Maybe a strategy to force you to watch them in YT page.

• edited October 2014

Weird stuff, seems to be working normally on desktop. I'm just going to go ahead and blame iOS 8, Apple, and Audiobus for this. Seems to be the thing to do. ;P

In any case, great demo again, very cool sounds in this one.

• Yes, sorry. Thanks for the video Doug.

• R_2R_2
    edited October 2014

@thesoundtestroom
    "four oscillators, each with 127 wave forms the possibilities are enless."

96 waves actually, waves 0 - 31 aren't included (reserved for user waves on the original VS).
    Good video nevertheless ;-)

• Yep its all over including Discchord

• Great video on a great synth, Doug. I, as well as everyone here I'm sure, appreciate you taking the time to present to us all of the apps that come your way.

On a side note, I sure wouldn't mind if you offered some MIDI riffs since I am not much of a keyboard player and you are quite proficient on the ivories, so I could listen to these synths with more musical flare than my usual single note or tri-chord attempts.

• I like @Keebo's suggestion Doug. Any chance of that from time to time? I'll suck up to you and say that I like your playing...which is very true, but I'd love to use that if it helps get midi files too!

• Thanks, @funjunkie27 for your support.

BTW Doug, I don't mind paying a dollar or two for aforementioned MIDI files for testing purposes. I know you guys/gals gotta pay for daily food and baby shoes so this would be a non-issue for me. I have a ton of MIDI files but they are more directed to complete songs as multi tracks and would require a bit of editing to acquire the same off the cuff playing as you show.

As a guitarist, I have a few best of riffs from days gone past but not so much for keyboard riffs.

Anyhow, its just a request. Please keep on doing what you do best.

• @Keebo I like that idea, do you have anything specific in mind, i.e solos, bass lines, keyboard noodlings etc, let me know and I'll knock a few up, I could do some to order if you like, or if you wanted something for a particular track I could do that too, kinda like a session. The best way to help us out is to become a Patron at http://www.patreon.com/thesoundtestroom
    Its cost as little as $1 dollar a month and is a big help to us, or make a small donation

• [JG clears his throat]...hurumph....erm....as a low-level humble Patron I must say my first thought when I saw @Keebo's suggestion was "Hmmmm, now that would be a cool bonus/benefit for patronage...original Doug fingerwork..."

Subsequent to that self-serving idea, and in light of your admission that full-on completion isn't always your strong suit (whereas talented noodling may be), it would seem to be a particularly good fit. Worth thinking about....

• Doug, I'm not much of a subscription kind of guy but I did make a donation on your website just now. Sorry so late as it was long over due for all of the help and entertainment you provide.

As far as MIDI files are concerned, personally I would like to hear some of your noodling as well as soloing. My interest is mostly rock styles but anything you come up with would be fine by me.

Thanks for being open to this suggestion.

• @JohnnyGoodyear, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your comments. I like your style of humor (humour?).

• As soon as I get a chance I will get a load together, you can also use the or change, transpose, edit or whatever you like

• @Keebo said:

Doug, I'm not much of a subscription kind of guy but I did make a donation on your website just now. Sorry so late as it was long over due for all of the help and entertainment you provide.

As far as MIDI files are concerned, personally I would like to hear some of your noodling as well as soloing. My interest is mostly rock styles but anything you come up with would be fine by me.

Thanks for being open to this suggestion.

Thanks Keebo, everything is helpful, nice one