Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Issues Recording Audio Into Loopy During Audiobus

Using an iPad Mini Retina (iOS 8) on a Focusrite dock. I can record external audio from the dock into Loopy HD until I put it at the end of an Audiobus chain. Anything I put at the beginning of the chain plays through Loopy HD, but the audio in from the dock cuts out, and I can't see the audio input controls (L, L/R, R) in Loopy HD anymore. Any ideas?

Comments

• Guessing its an ios8 issue - still lots of audio kinks to work out

• maybe it is depending on the hardware you are using for input what you can see in loopy.
    please try to check with other hardware and see what happens.

• Hey! welcome. Good news is that I think what you are describing might be standard behavior.

When Loopy is part of an Audiobus chain, it no longer has the audio controls. It all has to be routed within Audiobus. You've got to select the "system audio input" as an input in your Audiobus chain for the external audio to be routed into Loopy HD.

• right you are. i forgot about it because i never looked again for the inputs in loopy.
    set and forget was my motto for this. and i really forgot.

• I swear that I could run external audio into Loopy after setting up a different input (like Gadget or something similar) through Audiobus, but this makes sense. I just need to use the multi-input add-on to Audiobus and route the audio that way. Thanks for the assistance, all!

• @thebassgeek said:

I swear that I could run external audio into Loopy after setting up a different input (like Gadget or something similar) through Audiobus,

Yep, you can! In Audiobus just add gadget as input, then press the "+" next to the gadget icon and add another input :-)

It used to be limited to 3 inputs per Audiobus chain, but I think Audiobus.2.0 and later can have unlimited number of inputs!

• Properly sorted now, thanks!