Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ultraphaser Audiobus Crashes With IProphet

Has anyone else had this problem? Ultraphaser in the effects slot is crashed when the new IPropet is loaded into the instrument slot. Remove IProphet and load another synth in, and everything is fine.
I'm using the newest Audiobus rev, and still on IOS 7.1.2

Comments

• I remember having that issue with Ultraphaser and another app a while ago (can't remember what app it was ). It's very unusual, but some app combinations just don't work together.

• I don't get the crashing (iPad 2, iOS 7.1.1, AB1), but Ultraphaser doesn't affect iProphet's output either. I'm guessing there's an AB SDK version mismatch going on here. IProphet is using the latest AB SDK intended for iOS 8 (IAA under the hood), but Ultraphaser uses the old SDK with AB's proprietory method of audio streaming. I don't think the two approaches always play nice with each other under either iOS version.