Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis timing with different IAA's - many falls early??

After noticing Dm1 felt early when bounced to Cubasis I did a little bounce test. Dm1 was way ahead of the beat as was Sampletank... Funkbox has a cubasis correct buffer button - so it fell straight on the beat as did Imini.

I have enclosed a screenshot of the different bounces?.

Any ideas why this occurs. Have tried syncing Dm1 with and without midi bridge, but the results are the same - it falls way early

Morten :)

Comments

• I get this as well, but when I record to Cubasis via AB. Very annoying, the first 30 secs or so are fine and then the recorded track starts skipping ahead.

Surely this must be a Cubasis issue. I have actually started recording in MTD instead, and then move the audio tracks to Cubasis for mixing. Direct in (line/mic) works fine.

• I do not think it's Cubasis as the same results can be achieved in Auria... FunkBox has a buffer correct button that shifts it back to fix it.. I have only experienced a slight drift when looped for a long time... Just tried using Cubasis sequencer and that shifts it back to the level of Sampletank but still ahead of the beat...

• Same with me, any IAA instruments are out of sync when frozen or when the track is rendered to audio.

Makes the whole thing rather useless.

• I have tested more apps... Most of them fall in the same category as Sampletank - just slightly ahead. The midi output slider does not seem to be able to correct this...

• It seems timing problems are minute when using Cubasis own sequencer, but the real problem is slaving to midi clock when using an app's own sequencer like Dm-1. Looks like Funk Box has the answer, since they have a timing correct button for all Ios Daws - and it works...

• Recording midi into Cubasis and sending it to trigger an audiobus App like Thor will also shift the audio early by at least 20 ms... It can be corrected by adjusting the midi out latency slider back 20 ms or moving it manually ...

To me having to worry about timing is a major workflow killer... Looks like midi timing is simply not there yet in Ios or is there another DAW app that does is stable and lets you keep you focus on the Music.....??

• Yeah, Gadget and Caustic because they don't need inter-app MIDI.

Have you tried lowering the hardware latency in Cubasis? Maybe that will do the trick.

• Even worse is the fact that you can't really switch of the grid/quantization in Cubasis.Makes it quite frustrating to trim the recorded audiofiles.

• Cubasis should have a midi output latency setting per track, this may help.