Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

csSpectral Video, Demo and Tutotial, One of Best FX

Such a good app, still a few bugs, but nearly everything is buggy at the moment
http://www.thesoundtestroom.com/csspectral/

Comments

• edited September 2014

Where's the link, Doug? :)

Audiobus was working fine for me with this until last night. All of a sudden, the app stayed sleeping in the input or FX slot ('zzzzz') when trying to add it to the chain. Even though the app did load, it didn't leap straight back to the main Audiobus screen like it should, and there were no Audiobus transport controls inside the app. It definitely wasn't working as part of the chain, because when selecting live input it just picked up whatever was coming through the mic rather than the app I'd placed in the input slot.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've reinstalled both csSpectral and Audiobus, and tried a hard reset of my iPad, but nothing works! But it was working fine for most of yesterday!

• Same issue here. This has been working fine with AB on my Air iOS 7.1.2 and now it won't connect through AB no matter what I try.

• Oh! Maybe it's to do with something on the Audiobus back-end, then, if it's been working for both of us and now not.

• Yeah I'm getting the same issues, I think it will be fixed shortly, as will most other things I suspect.
    And sorry about the link, its there now :-)

• Excellent, I shall watch it when I get a break at work.

• Great demo Doug, and I just want to confirm that cs is also an iaa also right, not just audiobus, there was no mention of it in the vid or on the App Store description?

• Hmm now I don't know why I thought it was iaa too, the sight doesn't mention it as well, seems I might have tricked myself lol

• No, not tricking. IAA works well through AudioShare on iPad Air 7.1.2

• Can you use it as an effect (can't remember what it's called!) in IAA, then? At least that's a workaround for the time being, until Audiobus compatibility is back.

• Ok so how does this work, want to run impc through it

• Yes, press the mic icon in AudioShare and choose an IAA source or play an audio file then select csSpectral in one of the three FX slots.

• Love the app, but I'm also experiencing problems with AB. It is so weird - I had no problems the first day, then without any changes it went wonky.

• Forget "Hello everybody welcome to The Sound Test Room" I think your new opening greeting should be sung "Hello Every-body... How are Yooouuu..." :)

• @MrNezumi said:

Love the app, but I'm also experiencing problems with AB. It is so weird - I had no problems the first day, then without any changes it went wonky.

could this be due to AB registry database issues? IANAP(rogrammer), so I don't know why a database is needed in the first place...

• Looking forward to examples from folks. If not fully-finished songs (I mean, who does that anymore?) at least some bits of weirdness and scope etc.