Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apogee Jam & iOS 8 issues

I've just tried my Jam with my iPhone after the update and the light doesn't come on and no sound will go into an app (basically it's not working). I've tried it with my iPad mini running iOS 7.1.2 and all is dandy. I wondered if this was an isolated incident with my install of if is a much wider issue. Does anyone else problems with their Apogee Jam or any other audio interface? Curious as it did work prior to the update. Cheers

Comments

• edited September 2014

Both of my Apogee interfaces are working great on my iPhone 5, iPad mini retina, and iPad 2, all running iOS 8.0. You might want to try unplugging the Jam, close all music apps, then plug the Jam back in. Also, if you plug in headphones AFTER connecting the Jam, it will override the audio session and disable the Jam due to the way iOS handles audio sessions.

If nothing else works, you could try updating the Jam to the latest firmware if it isn't already up to date. Check Apogee's site and you should be able to find the JAM firmware update from a year or two ago, you need a Mac to run it though.

• Hey thanks for that. I'll try the things you've suggested, especially the firmware update. It's good to know that it was maybe just something I was doing and not anything else. Oh big +1 for your apps on the iPhone. Your class. Cheers

• Plugging in headphones after the JAM still gets me sometimes, even though I should know not to do it by now. I always seem to do it while I'm testing new stuff in my apps, which irritates me even more because I'm like "shit, what have I done?" before realizing I just plugged in the wrong order.

• I've made the move back to 7.1.2, though weirdly have still lost some space on my iPhone. Everything is ok on 7 as I'm sure it will be on 8 in a bit. We're at that weird handover moment where there is confusion. Still it's good to have this forum and people like yourself to help the clueless individuals, like myself. Cheers again

• No problem, glad to help.