Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wizdom apps - iOS 8 update coming

@Jcrudess: @tsuken @Wizdommusicapps we are working on iOS 8 Audiobus updates for morphwiz, samplewiz and geo synthesizer now!! Will be out asap!

Comments

• What about Spacewiz?

• I think the general feeling is it just won't happen with Spacewiz. Not sure if there is a technical reason why.

• I really wish somebody could put Tachyon on the bus. It's really a fun app!

• Thanks NoiseHorse! After reading your post I fired up Tachyon for the first time in ages.Great sounds and interface.Would be Awesome with Audiobus!Hope Wisdom Music is reading this.

• Definitely send tweets to them asking for it (see the @ handles in the first post), if they are in the Audiobus upgrading mood, now is your best chance to catch the dev at the right moment.

• Geo Synth gets an update, hurrah :)

• I actually don't own any of the Wizdom Music apps yet. I've seen a lot of discussion about Jordan and his apps here, and many of them seem to predate AudioBus by several years, but have very gradually been updated to stay current.

Can anybody recommend either MorphWiz or Geo Synthesizer. Or, if you stopped using them, why?

• I still use Geo Synth, mostly as a a MIDI controller (which means that Audiobus is not essential) but also sometimes with the built-in sounds.

It's a pretty nice way to play melodies on the touch screen, and very guitar-like both in layout and phrasing. If you want to play some slide guitar licks for example, it's much easier with Geo synth than with a real guitar.

• Thanks @richardyot. Yeah, both apps look cool. A little concerned that they might duplicate what I have in ThumbJam and Bebot, but they are universal and small files, so that might not be the end of the world.

I'm not totally clear from the videos I saw - is there a sound design element to MorphWiz, or is it basically JR samples that you can mess with using basic filters and effects?

• Geo Synth plays very differently to Thumbjam IMO.

• @richardyot said:

Geo Synth plays very differently to Thumbjam IMO.

I was referring to MorphWiz. Similar line-based/slide interface. In fact, I think a couple of the "JR Lead" sounds are available in ThumbJam as a free download.

• Samplewiz is my favorite sampler before Samplr :-)

• I had Geo Synth for a while, but found it a little confounding to use - which I'm sure is all on me. I deleted it to make room (GB is a bit of a pig!), but I would go back and have another go, because I could sense the goodness in the idea.

MorphWiz? I'll give it a go at some point in the future.

• Just tweeted all 3 thanks @sonosaurus!!!

• @Brain said:

I had Geo Synth for a while, but found it a little confounding to use - which I'm sure is all on me. I deleted it to make room (GB is a bit of a pig!),

GB? Are you sure you are talking about Geo Synth?
    I just checked my ipad and it only uses 51 mb.

• I'll have to follow them on Twitter. Was looking to buy one or two of these apps but was watching to see if they got the ios8 update and it doesn't appear so yet.