Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis mix down problem

Is anyone else having problems with mp4 mix downs in Cubasis? I'm seeing that it gets halfway through the process and hangs at that point. I don't have any other apps running, and plenty of memory (about 2G) on an iPad4. I have 5 tracks that are about 2 minutes in length. One is midi and the other four are audio.

Comments

• Just tried mixing down in wav format and that goes all the way to the end and then hangs.

• Still a problem, but I found a workaround by recording it into Audioshare, via AB.

• I've told the Steinberg developers about this.

• Great! Thanks Sebastian.

• I have mixed down using Cubasis without problems. Wasn't rendering a MIDI track though.

• Same problem here. Although what happens in my case (mixing a project with 8 audio tracks down to m4a), is that I get only the first part rendered. Even though I have markers set to the length of the whole song, the rendered file only contains what happens to be the first part of an audioclip in one of the tracks, which is repeated troughout the songs. I have successfully mixed down other songs, earlier, but have noticed, that sometimes the mixdown is about the double of the length of the actual song, with silence in the last part. This should not be due to rendering of effect-tails, as no tail in the songs would be this long.

So, Steinberg: what's wrong here?