Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gliderverb reson "pings"

Question about Gliderverb (maybe @Sinapsya will know the answer?): is it possible to change the sound Gliderverb makes when you "play" the reson ribbon at the bottom of the app? I can't seem to make it play anything but a sine-wavy kind of "ping." I wonder if I am missing something.

Thanks!

Comments

• Yeah.. Second the wanting to play any other noise than ping! It's nice an' all, but the Ping novelty wore off pretty quick ;)

• Hey, PT... I have also been/am a tester for Gliderverb, and I asked myself this very question at first go. The thing is that it's not a synth voice making the sound when touching the pad, it's just an impulse that triggers resonance of the reverb itself, so you are essentially hearing the reverb sound but in a more playable, instrument-like context. So as far as I know the answer is no; the sound is what it is.
    I agree that it would be nice to have more control over the character of the pad sound. It's early days for Gliderverb, and the dev is totally ontop of updating all their apps and implementing new features. Always good to make your voice heard.

• Filters tend to have a resonant freqency and when you drive them into self oscillation or feedback, you get that one frequency, which is, by definition, a sine wave. Comb filters have multiple resonant frequencies, but It would be difficult to drive them into self oscillation at all those frequencies at once, especially in the ratios of harmonic pitch relationships required to produce recognisable musical timbres.

• Thanks for the clarification @PaulB, makes sense now. Great info.

• Just noticed that @lala has supplied some presets in this release. Nicely done thanks.