Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MidiSequencer echo demonstration

Whilst working on midiSequencers new echo - I came up with a demo this morning using Audiobus, Earhoof, Magellan,MidiSequencer & Altiverb, with audio capture via Audioshare.

MidiSequencer midi echo in this piece has 7 echos each of which is played an octave below the last one. With velocity fade (80%) and 1/8 time division - playing this with a slow tempo brings out the nuances of the echos.

You gotta love Audiobus for hanging this all together.
Brendan informs me the patch 'Morgellan' means dellusional belief you are being infested by insects etc ... Creepy or what!

Comments

• Thanks. Just for curiosity: under iOS7 or iOS8?

• edited September 2014

7 on an ipad3 retina

• Thanks. One more reason to stay on iOS7 for a while.

• love it.

• edited September 2014

Midi echo, thank you. Great app.

• edited September 2014

Very nice indeed :)

Now imagine being able to also trigger the 'chords' as arpeggiated (up or down) notes (all notes to same channel or 1st note to midi channel 1, 2nd note to channel 2 etc.) and/or sending the echoed notes transposed (+/- selectable notes with velocity scaling up/down) or non-transposed to different midi-channels (1st echo channel 1, second echo channel 2 etc.). This is so cool!

• midiSequencer is a beast of an app. I was perusing its manual the other day... wow. Major props to Tony.

• It's one of those apps that has incredible depth lurking beneath a familiar surface.

• @samu - there will be an ability to 'strum' or arpeggiate chords and as you say control where the notes appear (order, midi channel, velocity, pitch-shifted) etc.
    It all adds variation. Add to this I need to build humanise, swing & %probability(of playing) into steps and it should start to make your sequences unique.

@Psicada - 78 pages and growing - it's a big manual, probably the biggest of any app.
    I still need to do a series of simpler videos though just to demonstrate a facet of midiSequencer.....

• 78 pages? Pathetic. Auria is 325!

• A series of tutorial videos outlining the features (both old and new) would be excellent, Tony!

• @Ian - yep you're right - didn't realise Auria had such a good manual!