Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

List of apps currently broken by iOS 8 (not a list of AB incompatibility)

We're all aware here of apps that are currently without AB on iOS 8. Plus there is the database on the AB site we can all refer to. However, having updated my iPhone (but not my iPad), it seems to me that iOS 8 has broken a lot too.

I thought it might be worth devoting a thread to listing them. Below currently lists my iPhone experieces and anything I could gather from other threads.

=====================

Akai Synthstation: crashes upon boot (mixed reports)

On the iPad mini 2 iReal Pro crashes if you tap on the search field in title view.

iFretless apps: (they are working on a fix)

Omenie M3000 works, but the IAP presets won't load. (a fix is in the works)

IMPC Pro: Updated - any reports?

SoundFont Pro: crashes on startup

Animoog: updated but problems still reported

Super Metronome, Afro Latin DM and Rock DM (all by the same dev) are broken too on iPhone 6.

Drumstudio: problems on iPhone 6

Loop twisters: crash on boot

Grainproc: crash on boot

Comments

• Yep I want bebot back my synth station app works no sound in dm1 imini works good for me but audiobus initialization problems with nearly all apps apart from sunrizer ipad version cassini boom 808 rhythm studio and swoopster

• Many many apps need to update to the latest Audiobus. I just though we should have a list of those that won't work at all on the new system.

• edited September 2014

On the iPad mini 2 iReal Pro crashes if you tap on the search field in title view.
    Edit: It got fixed with the latest update.

• Animoog (ipad) crashes on launch as do iFretless apps (they are working on a fix)

• Synthstation works for me ios 8 on iphone 5s. Amazing though the amount of broken apps. I haven't updated the ipad air yet. Kind of scared of doing so with all the apps I have.

• edited September 2014

Same here, only updated the phone. List of broken or still not updated apps is still to big. On the other side, what is the real benefit of iOS 8 on the ipad? I know none.

• edited September 2014

Minimoog (iMini right?) works here. iOS 8 iPad Air.

• edited September 2014

@helmutmaria said:

On the other side, what is the real benefit of iOS 8 on the ipad? I know none.

Security fixes, quick type, midi over Bluetooth, hey Siri & Shazam integration, duckduckgo instead of Google,
    Speak screen, new system voices, lots of other little things, together with Yosemite this will be a banger :)

• @ChrisG how's it going? Any major issues since you updated to iOS 8 - have you tried IAA?

• edited September 2014

@Trueyorky said:

@ChrisG how's it going? Any major issues since you updated to iOS 8 - have you tried IAA?

Haven't really tried IAA yet. I'm waiting for the Auria update. I got all presets gone, and a non working UI in the Auria native versions of WOW and Turnado, so I'm not opening Auria again until the update (that's at Apple now) hits, just in case. Plus been busy with family stuff that's come up, so haven't had any time really to stress test it all, or go through all the old stuff to check what's working and what's broken etc.

I would still say though that it's best to stay on iOS 7 a while longer due to all the apps still needing an Audiobus update. On iOS 8 every app that hasn't been updated will give you a pop up screen every time you open it, telling you audiobus won't work. Some apps just won't start at all. Lots of that will probably be sorted out in a few weeks or so tho

Haha Discchord just shared this video on Twitter, showing what I mean lol

• @lala, I meant it more in the musical apps context. Sure IOS 8 has some nice improvements. But I still know none related to making music.

• edited September 2014

midi over bluetooth :)

• Omenie M3000 works, but the IAP presets won't load. I contacted support, and a fix is in the works.

• @helmutmaria don't think anyone has exploited it yet but the 'process with external app' thing should prove interesting.

Also unexploited are notification center widgets. I imagine I'll spend time turning almost every app off in there but I'd love to see a 'Record Right Now' widget for something like @j_liljedahl's Audioshare.

Possibly related: Siri now includes Shazam integration. If you ask Siri, "What song is playing?", it will cause her to listen to the ambient sound, using Shazam to identify music.

Battery usage by app should be helpful for live performers.

• Impc pro broken also here a link to a video I posted on YouTube regarding the issue

• @ChrisG cool, I better sit tight for now. Cheers.

• Ios 8 sounds like a great Christmas present to myself, alongside the new ipad, if fit for purpose.

• I can't reproduce that iMPC Pro crash on my Air. It's obviously there though in the video, so it's definitely gonna need an update to clean up whatever is causing the crash, and whatever other issues there are. Even tho people basically are on the same software and hardware, iOS is still so random in what works and what doesn't.

• iReal Pro got fixed and no longer crashes when searching song titles

• Yellofier update is on its way!
    Personally I've been running iOS 8 on my iPad mini retina for a while now and am quite happy with it (except that some apps needs an update, of course). I'm looking forward to making great use of all new iOS 8 features for AudioShare :) (extensions, widgets, etc)

• Thanks, that's encouraging.

• its great that z3ta+ has allready been updated...good stuff come on korg,auria, and others.

• I'm mostly concerned about smaller less popular apps not getting updated to support iOS 8. The major players will obviously be updating their wares, but there are some really great unique apps on the experimental/noise/drone side of things (like VOSIS and M0dulator) that I fear may get left behind with this OS update.

• Splashtop. its my couch/mobile renoise fix

• Quite agree @OmnilimbO. Still, that happens at every update. This transition seems worse than previous ones for some reason.

• edited September 2014

DMI fix has been released (note: it is NOT compatible with iOS 7 or earlier)

• Bebot is fixed. Hurrah!

• Bebot my best friend haha now works again and also a few new sounds added
    Also got the dm1 update 2 new effects new layout of tracks in the loaded section and templates depending on music genre

• I'm havin a whole raft of issues with tabletop and audio paste,all korg apps except ikaos are crashing on launch,

• Retronyms claims that Tabletop v2.6 is being reviewed by Apple as of a couple of weeks ago. Haven't heard anything about AudioCopy. Korg says they're "working hard" on their apps. Check out their Twitter feeds:

https://twitter.com/retronyms

https://twitter.com/korg_iapps