Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Different Drummer - New Videos

edited September 2014 in General App Discussion

Noticed these 2 handy tutorials on @technemedia's YT channel

Comments

• Thanks for sharing that @thinds. Some interesting approaches and rhythms.

• Wow, quite a swinging Bo Diddley-esque beat from about 9:00 in part 1!

• These videos definitively have changed my mind about this app... Thanks!

• Always been a great app and has been constantly updated and improved by the dev. Nice to see some longer demos at last.

• I am slow on the uptake with this particular software, and I think it's because it feels like software to me, as opposed to an instrument. I know, a whole can of worms right there.

For all of that, following on from Mister Junkie's estimable recent submission to the class and now having watched this particular lecture (which did put me back before the droning physics teacher who put me off physics in the first place -damn him) I can very much see/hear that if your brain works this way then this is a way that can produce multi-various stuff.

JNFM, as the kids seem to say.

• Learning the mechanics behind it helps, and I can understand that's not everyone's cup of tea. The automation helps a bit in those cases.

• edited September 2014

Sorry about the monotone take on the voice over...was having trouble keeping up with myself. Ah the old debate on software vs. virtual instruments vs. physical instruments and all the subjective matters of qualia!

• I was wondering if maybe Ben Stein worked for technemedia...anyone, anyone? Really liking the app!

• @technemedia no disrespect intended. I need remedial classes is all....

• Notice that technemedia is showing the upcoming 3.0 update of DD (with the new beat wave and wave inversion). Hope that that will be available soon!

• I understand that he submitted it about a week ago, so I would expect it any day.

• Update out now

• Nice...looking for people to start sharing states. I'll push some out soon.

• New feature coming in V3.01, an interval visualizer. Looks like a handy tool.

• Interesting. Not clear on what the shapes represent though.

• The shapes represent musical intervals relative to the tonic which is handy for inspecting the harmonic structure of your music (call it a Harmogram). It also shows velocity by the size...plus it looks cool and each wave set has a unique finger print.

• My head asplode.

• Sounds cool. Looking forward to seeing that!

• I'm really fascinated by this app, and BTW I believe the dev has got a very rational mind and can "virtualize" (or better "model") concepts a lot.
    One thing I was wondering is how to use DD for composing purposes: can you create songs (i.e. patterns chains)? Or you are supposed to use an external app (Garageband/Auria/Cubasis) and just paste your patchwork of measures?

• edited September 2014

Either. It supports midi and song mode, so I've used both, although I'm more of a noodler than a composer.

• Thanks funjunkie :D

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

My head asplode.

My response was to @technemedia. Just realized that it may have sounded otherwise. ;-)

• Another very good demo from @technemedia

• Very cool. Thanks for sharing @thinds.

• Another great demo of different drummer. If Technemedia keeps putting out demos like this that show it's potential, he'll sell a bucket load of this app.

• great videos and for me much needed,but your the only person ive heard make dd sing.these vids will make the climb easier.

will pick it it soon

i was wrong b4.sorry....it is a swan....