Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Out Now: WR6000 by WeJaam (the new WeJaam successor groovebox, AB etc compat)

edited November 2014 in General App Discussion

UPDATE: And it's out naow. Free to download, pro version IAP unlock and optional sound packs. You can also download the completely free WeJaam designer VSTi/StandAlone groovebox for PC/Mac and create your own sound packs/projects, and transfer all that into this (and the original WeJaam as well I believe).

WR6000 by WEJAAM
https://appsto.re/us/pM3E3.i

Just saw the dev announce a new WeJaam app on twitter. Shared some images, I'll post them below. Looks like it's built upon the PC version of WeJaam , which had all the under the hood stuff you didn't see or get in the first WeJaam for iOS. Dunno if the images are filtered to look vintage-brown or not (Edit: looks like it might support skins?). Doesn't really matter. The first WeJaam sounded brilliant, with very capable effects and synths under the hood. Insta-purchase.

New video:

http://forum.audiob.us/uploads/FileUpload/22/f76545dbe4bf8b166e2d91c2534e35.jpg

Comments

• edited September 2014

I hope this one still has the stochastic slider thing for the drums/perc-sounds in there.

• Yes, looks cool. A nice addition and as you say the original Wejaam sounds brill.

• Holy sepia-tone, Batman!

Thanks for posting - that is great news. I happened across the little freeware WeJaam app and that thing is surprisingly deep and useful for beats and grooves. Has a bit of an EDM slant to it, but so does much of the iOS music app catalog.

So, this would be a new drum synthesizer, similar to Stroke Machine or iElectribe? Definitely sounds cool.

• edited September 2014

Same as the first WeJaam in that it has both synth parts (drum type of sounds prolly ain't it's strong point) and sample parts (for the drum samples or whatever). Not sure if the synth has been evolved into a polyphonic thing, but looks there are 6 parts, like the original WeJaam, that I'm guessing are freely assignable to either sample playback or the synth, so at least re sampling synth parts to a chord sample should hopefully be possible (if needed).

• Saving pocket money as we speak, only wishing I had eternal pockets.

• Looks like there'll be different color themes, phew.. :)

• @ChrisG said:

Looks like there'll be different color themes, phew.. :)

Yeah, phew! That actually does matter to people (and me). If you have to spend time in an app and it's either unappealing, hard to read, or both, that's either a neutral thing or a bad thing, but it can't be a good thing. The dark back screenshot actually looks quite nice.

• Per oscillator glissando. Yum.

• Minor update on the status, I asked the dev the other day about the release, and it's in debug mode - 1 month/soon on the release window. So not a few days as the first info mentioned, if anyone is refreshing the AppStore on this one it might be good to know. :)

Here's a new pic from the finished master fx tab to stare at, posted by the dev today.

• New video showing most of the app from what I can tell, added to the first post. Looks yummy.

• edited November 2014

Out now.

Edit: BTW, the 8 pattern limit is still the same. The dev said he'd up it to 16 when I asked him about it. So hopefully that's in for the next version.

• Awesome, thanks!

• edited November 2014

This is out NOW?!? You guys just made my day/weekend! Was totally excited for this one.

Any early reviews?! What are the IAP's? (Sorry, away from iPad)

Looks like it has a sequencer similar to the iPhone WeJaam app (which was pretty damn cool). Can you also control it with CoreMIDI and VirtualMIDI?

Looks freakin' phenomenal.

• edited November 2014

Well it is WeJaam at its core, so if you really hated that this won't win you over I think. All the synth parameters are available in the new synth section (WeJaam can only play presets made on the desktop or purchased via IAP). Freely selectable effects from all the ones available on the desktop version. The sequencer can expanded to show all 32 steps per pattern (I think this should be the default view since its a nice fit on the iPad, 16 is the default view for now). You can trim samples non destructive while performing in the mixer view. Creating scales on the popup keyboard and have the note conform to all that in the sequencer eezzz nice.

Anyway, it's free to download and mess around with (there's a whole bunch of demos tracks included). The recording and exporting loops are disabled, not sure about save, in the free version.

• @ChrisG - Don't think you were talking to me specifically, but I definitely did NOT hate WeJaam - it was a pretty neat little (free) sequencer. The one thing that confused me about it was whether the vertical bars in the sequencer that controlled pitch were set to a scale or just random notes. Sounds like there are some options here to confine to a particular scale, so that is good.

Excited to check this out.

• @StormJH1 Yea no was talking in general. Yes, you can make a scale/select notes on a small popup keyboard for each track in the mixer. So there's a bit more control over that now. But I think that slightly random thing one gets is part of WeJaams/WR6000 design philosophy. The note/trigger randomizer slider (and button) for each track in the sequencer is also present here of course. Great for getting some percussions going, or some random melody lines to tweak further. :)

• @ChrisG - Nice. Yeah, that's the reason I own like a dozen groovebox/MIDI sequencer apps. Some of them better for getting an idea in your head into a musical compositions, whereas others are more of the generative variety - you set the basic parameters of the scale and pattern, but the app comes up with notes or timings you would not have though of if it was just you sitting with a keyboard. It's a fine line between "creative" and "totally random", however.

Are there presets for like "bass drum", "tom", "acid bass", etc.?

• edited November 2014

looks and plays great but basically its just another"create a quick loop"style of app.I have too many of them and will pass here.

edit:one thing that could set it apart:how is Midi sync with in or external stuff?Reliable?App description is only talking about wireless midi.What about wired?Sorry,too lazy to try it by myself right now ;)

• This is cool, not sure how this flew under my radar but i can't seem to get it to receive sync from Auria; demo limitation or a bug? Ableton integration definitely makes it attractive.

• edited November 2014

what do guys think about the asking price is it worth it, I do enjoy the original version, it always sends you in an interesting direction?

• edited November 2014

@StormJH1 said:

Are there presets for like "bass drum", "tom", "acid bass", etc.?

Yes (it's free try it)

@Crabman said:

looks and plays great but basically its just another"create a quick loop"style of app.I have too many of them and will pass here.

edit:one thing that could set it apart:how is Midi sync with in or external stuff?Reliable?App description is only talking about wireless midi.What about wired?Sorry,too lazy to try it by myself right now ;)

WeJaam had the most reliable sync protocol over wifi I've tested. If you have two devices running WeJaam the interfaces each mirror each-other instantly without any delay or interference with the timings. Seemed much better then Korg WIST for example. As for internal midi here, I dunno. It's a live oriented groovebox. I use those standalone, wouldn't wanna start messing with iOS and midi sync etc with other apps. That never ends up well (still courtesy Apple).

• edited November 2014

Missed seeing the asking price until just now: $13.99 for the "pro" version of WR6000. A little steep for a "leap of faith" purchase, but I'm willing to pay it based on what I have seen.

The other IAP's are only a dollar or two each, but I'll probably pass on those. Content IAP's in a synthesis app like this are confusing to me - it's kind of like MoDrum where the only difference between the IAP's is a few tweaks in settings, and some pre-baked patterns. Granted, you could say the same thing about a Sunrizer or Magellan IAP, though there are a lot more variables there, I would think.

This looks kind of like Stroke Machine based on what it does and how it works. Wonder if it will struggle on an older iPad, espeically based on the screenshot above showing 45% CPU usage...ruh roh. Not going to stop me from trying though :)

• edited November 2014

Double post

• oh I thought it was more than that, at $13 I'll have to give it some thought but will probably end up getting. when the first one came out I hated the interface and I would never take it seriously when I messed around with it but always ended up making something good with it.. funny app

• edited November 2014

The IAPs also contain lots of sample based content (like drum sounds, percussions for example), this is both a synth and sampler. But, people can also share their projects that includes IAP content. That way u might snag some new samples for free. :) I've just uploaded a Wr6000 updated version of a track that only contains samples and synth presets from one of the IAPs (you can download other people's uploaded projects from inside the app a la iPolysix).

• Is there an actual manual for it?

• Help button down to the left brings up popover "bubbles" describing the sections. Dunno if there's a manual yet.

• edited November 2014

Very quick to get going with. Got a few questions and the online help is hard to get at successfully (by me anyways first time up), but I can see how cool this is/could be for MAKING SHIT QUICKLY WITH.

As always too 'dance/electronic' for my true liking, but there's the challenge and solvable I think.

Not normally keen to join 'communities' (this one excepted :), but will trawl around to see if the 'other people's samples' thing is actually of use to me etc.

Doctor Goodyear Rating: Fun Pay Day Pick Up

• Did the DJ Mix option make it into the final app as per this UTube link can't see it in the app?