Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

thesoundtestroom video for iGrand, IMHO The Best Piano for iOS

I love iGrand and I still think its the best we have on iOS, anyway this goes through all the pianos in the app
http://www.thesoundtestroom.com/igrand-piano/

Comments

• Great demo - and some lovely playing in here too!

• @Flo26 I too like CMP, but I like this more, better options, more control, more pianos, and Audiobus support. But it is just an opinon.

• Great video that really showcases the whole iGrand library really well. I have the iPad version and all the pianos, and I also think it sounds superb, especially given the relatively small size of the app. I believe I bought the whole thing for 20 bucks, and I think it's on sale right now by the way. Which is a pretty good deal (IKM going to update it, getting rid of the popups makes it all even better obviously).

Really loved watching this! Damn you're fast lol, I gotta get me a new full size controller keyboard again sometime soon, and start training. "Synth action" keys mind you, my fingers can't handle faster stuff on fully weighted piano keys (simply because, I sucketh:). Also, my fingers are starting to become a bit too comfortable, or stiff rather, playing a on a flat touch screen. Really, really nice melodies poping up all over in the video. Cinematic, slower melodic, stuff, to more pop and rock oriented things, really cool. It's also quite inspirational watching someone who really knows their piano(s), improv playing like this. Great stuff.

• Thanks Chris, thats how I write, just sit and noodle around till something sounds OK to me

• @Flo26 have you tried Propellerhead's Radical Piano for Reason? Thats really impressive, they sampled three pianos, mic'ed them up in various ways then let you choose any piano or a blend of them with various mic positions, very nice. Then they set up a stack of presets to mimic various classic songs, like from Motown, Soul, through to the present day

• edited September 2014

@Flo26 said:

You're right doug.but personnaly,i prefer playing with e few great pianos.i'm not really after quantity.to be fair,i really don't care.the reason for that is i'm sure you won't hear the difference once in the whole mix.sure ,if you play solo piano,that's not the samr thing.anyway ,thanks for your work.cheers man.

One of these days I'm gonna try cmp (it's on my to-get list). But just wanted to say that I believe the actual nr of pianos sampled in iGrand are 4, or there abouts, I believe. The underlaying sound engine takes care of "re-shaping" the sounds, giving them the sound characteristics of other types of pianos in there. I've heard some great sounding piece made with the upright piano IAP I believe it was in CMP, but I can't remember who posted it. Anyway, different strokes for different folks and all that :)

• edited September 2014

@thesoundtestroom said:

Thanks Chris, thats how I write, just sit and noodle around till something sounds OK to me

Yea, same here. Besides, I can't read music sheets, I only know the names for the most basic chords and so on. So no theoretic knowledge at all really. I just play til it sounds good to me! :)

• @ChrisG said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Thanks Chris, thats how I write, just sit and noodle around till something sounds OK to me

Yea, same here. Besides, I can't read music sheets, I only know the names for the most basic chords and so on. So no theoretic knowledge at all really. I just play til it sounds good to me! :)

I dont read music, and my theory is terrible, I just like making and recording sound. I understand the basics and sometimes learn some bits and pieces. But I'm way too lazy to learn it properly now.

• Ha! I'm just the same, way too lazy to to start learning any theory stuff by now.