Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Cash waiting.

• I suspect it'll be cut down and it won't be cheap...

• Well considering Alchemy, Z3TA, Thor etc then it should be competitively priced (remember the 69p Animoog launch?) with 1000's of presets, free upgrades for life and ...

• Never heard of it, but looks really nice. Cash waiting here also :)

• Wow, I beta tested that when it was being written as an rtas plugin about 10 years ago. Good developer. Also another plugin that there is a computer magazine version (for Mac/PC) if you want a free preview. I haven't used it, but I know it is a nice synth.

• Looking forward to it. Thanks @Kloon

If anyone is interested, they offer a free VST/AU player. See FREE Player Downloads at the top of the page: http://www.kv331audio.com/synthmaster.aspx

• @telecharge said:

Looking forward to it. Thanks @Kloon

If anyone is interested, they offer a free VST/AU player. See FREE Player Downloads at the top of the page: http://www.kv331audio.com/synthmaster.aspx

Thanks, will check that out!

• Will it be the synth (which is on Nr. 2 in the list of the best VST synth plugins in the world 2014) or just the player (like Alchemy on iOS). Because in the screenshot i see "SynthMaster Player iOS". They just talking about porting the engine code.... whatever that means ;)
    If it's the full or at least a slightly stripped down semi modular synth like the VST it will be another big player in the iOS world.

• This looks interesting! :-) But I'm (like @Cinebient) also curious about what is editable in this app. This is one of the better VSTs on the desktop platform. :-)

• I'm now pretty sure that it's the player. I think the player for desktop has 12 editable parameters given by the sound designers. I never used this synth but i watches a lot videos the last few weeks and from what i saw i can't believe that even the next generations of iDevices can handle this SynthMonster...ähh Master :)

• I'm pretty sure it's the player, because it says so right in the picture! What else?

• ....nothing! I would be fine with a player but i think it's another iPad only thing :( Since i will replace my iPad Air (i still don't like it after a year) and my iPhone 5 with an iPhone 6.
    Dear developers please do not forget the iPhone!

• The VST is known for being pretty resource intensive, isn't it?
    Wish more apps were universal...

• edited August 2014

I think is not the player because if read down his post he say " a COMPLETE porting of synth master plugin for iOS ".....try to read down

• edited August 2014

I just see "....complete porting of synth master's engine code for iOS".

In this case "complete" means just finishing a whatever port.

• edited August 2014

@PaulB said:

I suspect it'll be cut down and it won't be cheap...

Initially we're gonna release the Player version. It's gonna be

a) free with 200 factory presets
    b) $9.99 with 800 factory presets (for the first month we're planing >= 50% discount ;)

upgrading to 800 factory presets and purchasing preset expansions will be through in-app purchases of course! There will also be an upgrade path for iOS owners so they can purchase SynthMaster as well at a good price!

Cheers!

Bulent @ KV331 Audio

• Thanks for clarifying/reaching out.

Forum: Have at it.

• edited August 2014

The problem is to port the UI code (based on VSTGUI framework) The engine should be ported in a week's time, I don't see any problem with the so far.

Also, the current UI is difficult to use for novice users. We should release a simpler version for general iOS user base, at a "reasonable" price, like $9.99 :)

Bulent @ KV331 Audio

• @kv331audio: Thank you for your answer here. That sounds good. Would be awesome if someday we could control the big beast via this app as remote control. This is where i see the future of music production. This would be a reason to buy the desktop version straight away ;)

• edited August 2014

Since the last update, the vst is a bit better on the CPU, boots faster too.

Truly an Amazing instrument, even a portion of it's capability would be great to have on the tablet-

I bought the vst last time there was a sale, I feel like a thief - it's an amazing piece of kit. Did I say amazing yet?

• As an owner of the VST version, I sure hope you include the ability to import/export patches from iOS to computer and back, like Z3ta does.....without that it is of much less interest to me.

• Like Cinbient said, it would be supercool to have some sort of integration between iOS and VST versions.

• Free with 200 presets sounds mighty generous. Cheers and welcome to the forum. Good luck with it.

• @kv331audio thanks, this is great news. I do hope this development progresses to the full version or at least a lite version for iOS.

• It's coming...

Bülent Bıyıkoğlu Bryce Bryce Player means that it's gonna be a preset player.
    2 hrs · Like · 1

Bülent Bıyıkoğlu But you'll be able to edit 12 easy knobs and bypass states of effects.
    2 hrs · Like · 1

Bülent Bıyıkoğlu SynthMaster will eventually come to. Once we figure out how to port the GUI :)))
    2 hrs · Unlike · 2

• December/January. No point getting excited yet.

• So, what you're saying is that Christmas isn't coming early this year?

• edited November 2014

It's a tough call waiting on this one for iOS... or jumping on that almost-too-good-to-be-true $9 sale they have running on the VSTi/AU Synthmaster Player right now.