Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

STROM for iPad

Seen this? It's an app developed primarily to interface with Elektron's Analog Rytm box hardware, but it also seems to have standalone sampling functions.

http://www.elektronauts.com/topics/view/7514/page:1

Seems like it will add hardware functionality as an IAP. The dev announced a base cost of "more than a lollipop and less than a Macdonalds meal"

Comments

• I dont have an Analog Rtym, but the sampler on Strom is just brilliant, trust me you guys are gonna love this

• Do you know if it has Audiobus implemented?

• It does not have Adiobus or IAA yet, since it was designed for use with the hardware, but this is worth it just for the sampler alone, and the dev is super pro active so I would think that he will update it to AB. But for now you can record upto a 10 second sample and on top of that you can import and export to Audioshare, you can import upto a 10 sec loop, but if its longer Strom will cut it. This was plenty for me though. You can also import and export in various other ways including ACP. But for me Audioshare is the real clincher. I'll have a demo as soon as I get the OK from the dev.

• Sounds cool. I must say that the Analog Rytm has appealed to me since it was released. Having this app and the forthcoming USB connectivity on the horizon may just tip me over. If it turns out the USB can work in class compliant mode my wallet is doomed.

• I predict Elektron will sell more machines!

• It's loads of fun and really opens up a lot of the RYTM's functions for more immediate and more flexible control, not to mention adding functions to the already amazing machine. Dev is very interested in and eager to hear any comments, issues, and suggestions, so expect great updates in the future.

• everyone who has it and post up can you please talk about what you are able to do with it, besides that it can be used with the rytm.

• In shops when?

• I don't think it's yet submitted to Apple, but by the sound of things on the Elektronauts forum, anytime soon.

• I believe the app is still in beta, but the hardware is "expected" to be available to purchase in a week or so.

• The RYTM hardware has been available for some months now, though it frequently goes out of stock due to high demand. It's an INCREDIBLE machine, possibly the greatest analogue synth drum machine ever created. It also allows for samples to be used and has a number of parameters for controlling and manipulating the samples put onto the RYTM. Samples however cannot be recorded directly into it, but must rather be imported from your computer... And the available controls are somewhat limited, and not constantly available since the controls are shared over various functions for other aspects of the unit. This is where Strom comes in and changes the game entirely... firstly you can record your own samples, slice them up, create new arrangements of them, and then transfer them directly to the RYTM. This in itself is HUGE... but then you also get complete and constant access to all the controls for sample playback and manipulation on the touchscreen, so this makes it worlds better than having to switch modes and dip into menus of the hardware. Everything is right there, immediate, and fun to use.

• Well, I did get pushed over the edge. There's now a shiny new Rytm sitting on my desk. It's already a whole lot of fun without STROM - I can't wait for the app to get released!

• @bennorland Let us know how it works out for you (after the honeymoon period is over :)

• Sure. I'll post something after STROM drops.

• This looks absolutely stunning - and would make RYTM one of the most amazing hardware companions to iOS!

Very very excited about this release :)

• When is storm dropping?

• Void said he would try and release it for the Apple event next week, but not sure where he's up to with that. I know he is going the extra mile to make sure it's all as good as it possibly can be for release, so I am happy to wait until all the testing has been done, bugs fixed etc... shouldn't be too long now though :)

• sounds good, I'm really looking forward to seeing what storm is capable of.

• It's out now.

The sampler is nice. But if you own an Analog Rytm, it's insane. The kit and pattern randomisers are SO MUCH FUN.

I may never get to sleep again.

• edited October 2014

I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE A QUIET SEASON?!

Edit: Don't see it. Anyone got a link?

• @bennorland said:

It's out now.

The sampler is nice. But if you own an Analog Rytm, it's insane. The kit and pattern randomisers are SO MUCH FUN.

I may never get to sleep again.

Link or it didn't happen!

• edited October 2014

@papertiger My kind of thinking ;)

@firejan82 Thanks. Don't see it in the store yet, but we're pretty slow down here amongst the cowboys...

@bennorland An honest assessment: Interesting to play with even without the hardware piece?

• the dev said it would be great for those even without the hardware….. anticipation

• @Doug, any sign of thesoundtestroom review, now that its in the store ?

• edited October 2014

does it sample from your iTunes library?

apparently it can

http://www.elektronauts.com/topics/view/7514/69934/page:17#69934

• I want an RYTM....and a new ipad.....I'm gonna sell my R1

• Cool chop app, stoked about the Audioshare integration (makes it usable without an Analog Rytm)

• edited October 2014

@kobamoto said:

does it sample from your iTunes library?

apparently it can

http://www.elektronauts.com/topics/view/7514/69934/page:

Itunes, Audioshare or Audiopaste. Larger files from itunes crash it though on 7.1.2