Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free Mastering

It’s truly hard for me to believe, but today marks the 5 year anniversary since I started running Inner Portal Studio full-time. It’s been quite a journey so far, and I couldn’t have done it without all the support and trust of the hundreds of musicians I’ve worked with in that time. As a way of saying thanks and giving something back, for the next 24 hours I will be offering….

… free mastering.

Yep, you read that right. From now until 10:00 AM PST, August 19th I will master ONE of your tracks for free. I expect to receive a LOT of tracks during this offer, so I’m requiring a few specifics from people submitting songs to make sure this goes as smoothly as possible. Full details here:

http://innerportalstudio.com/5-years-free-mastering/

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• That's awesome. Congrats and have fun! :)

• edited August 2014

Congrats! Nothing to send, but great offer...

• Thanks for the congrats, it's been quite a journey so far! :)

• Good stuff @Tarekith, congratulations! I'll be sending you my version of In-A-Godda-Da-Vida. At only 36 minutes, I worry it's not jammy enough, plus a lot of it is out of tune. But hey, free is free! Hope you enjoy.

• No worries, I can pretty much guarantee I've heard worse regardless. :) Drop me an email too, per the instructions. Thanks!

• You're too kind! I'm only kidding, I couldn't do that to anyone.

Keep on keeping on!

• Congrats on 5 years, Erik. Thank you for the generous offer.

• Congrats and thanks for the generous offer.
    It was only right to submit a tune produced on my iDevice.

• Congratulations. I will be submitting the song I just mixed. I mastered it using audio mastering, but I am a poor substitute for a mastering engineer regardless of what program I use. Thanks so much, this is very cool of you to do.

• No problem, happy to spread some positive Karma today :)

• Happy birthday

• Uploaded, thanks so much!

• Got it, sent you an email.

Not sure what you want me to do about that loud french horn in the left channel starting at 3:12? Also, the 3rd bit on the left channel is reversed, it's making the maracas click pretty bad in that long 12 minute intro you used. Was that intentional?

:)

• All of it was intentional, done with turnado...ha!

• That still doesn't explain the tortured cat noises in the drop. Sigh, musicians these days.....

;)

• No cats at the studio, but we did have chickens to provide fresh eggs every day for breakfast. I never did get to record the chickens, sadly. But if you listen to the song dig me a well, from that album, you will hear our female singer make chicken noises in that breakdown , or at least attempt. We meant to replace them with a real recording if their chickens but never got to it, so the chicken impression stayed....be careful what you ask for in the world of shutterwax! ;-)

• LOL, I love good stories like this about tracks.

• And.... that's it, the free mastering offer is over. Thanks to everyone that submitted tracks, great to meet so many new people, and reconnect with clients I hadn't heard from in awhile too!

• VERY impressive turnaround Tarekith! :0)

• I have a pretty efficient workflow here, and I knew this was going to be a crazy couple of days so I kept the rest of the schedule clear. :)

• edited August 2014

Just some public feedback for @tarekith, he did an excellent job on the song I sent. He returned the track the next morning, at about 10am eastern time. At about 6:30pm, I requested a revision, which he returned with a very responsive email taking the suggestions in the spirit they were meant, in about 45 minutes, and the master was done. My mastering apps will be reserved for "fake mastering" so I can get a rough idea and to present it to the rest of the band that way. But he did some things I would not have thought to do that were subtle but really finished the track nicely (especially in the sub bass, which I cannot properly hear in my environments).

If you use him for mastering, you will be very happy, and we will be budgeting for his services in the future. I like people who spread good karma and back it up with a great job, that's the best business card.