Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

thesoundtestroom video for NanoStudio, Big Tutorial on Setting Up and Getting Started

Thought it was time for a NanoStudio video, four years old and still brilliant
http://www.thesoundtestroom.com

Comments

• Finally, you did it! :)

Thanks.

• edited July 2014

Great work Doug. Made me appreciate aspects of NS all over again and definitely re-learned/remembered some tweaks that had slipped my mind. Much appreciated.

As seems to be the case with a few other apps recently, it's easy to downplay the scope and brilliance of 'older' apps beneath the slew of shiny new additions across the appasphere. NS is more than just a great place to start; it's a great app period.

• Good Job Doug,

• Talking about brilliance, I know of no other than Ani for NanoStudio excellence: try this for the ultimate NanoStudio use in Live Looping, all improvised -

• Finally watched it all @soundtestroom. Really great NanoStudio overview. Nice work!

Kind of amazing how much more there is to the app and you spent 25 minutes really efficiently introducing and explaining features.

• Thanks, I have one thats nearly ready to film, called something like Samplr, The Ultimate Guide, which aims to cover almost everything in Samplr

• edited August 2014

Please do this one Mister Doug. I know folks are all over Samplr, but it hasn't caught my imagination yet and that's because (essentially) i don't find it easy to get on with. My fault. I'm sure.

Edit: You might consider figuring out a 'tip jar' for folks, like me, who already have an app, but find your help useful and would like to buy you a cup of coffee/lobster etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Please do this one Mister Doug. I know folks are all over Samplr, but it hasn't caught my imagination yet and that's because (essentially) i don't find it easy to get on with. My fault. I'm sure.

Edit: You might consider figuring out a 'tip jar' for folks, like me, who already have an app, but find your help useful and would like to buy you a cup of coffee/lobster etc.

Thanks JG, and honestly after watching my Samplr vid it will all become very clear :-)

• Looking forward to this one Doug!

• Yes, its going to be a fairly involved one I think, I've been preparing lots if custom samples for it too, thats something we are looking at, making very high quality sample packs, seamless loops, various tempos, sequencers, synth leads, bass patches etc, mostly made with hardware and external synths, all royalty free, but more on this in a few days or so.