Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

List of iOS Music Tutorials and Demos

Hi, guys-

I've making a list of music tutorials and demos at URList:

http://urli.st/eiv-iOS-Music-Tutorials

I am trying to limit these to hands-on tutorials and demos, with a heavy bias towards video. I mostly want iOS specific demos, thought I've let a few general sound synthesis tutorials through. Sorry Doug's vids are under-represented, I actually haven't been updating this list lately.

I'm also NOT looking for "music videos" unless they are very instructional.

What youtube tutorials specifically of iOS music making stands out to you?

Also, I'm looking for an alternative to URList that's not delicious or pinboard. I have my own personal pinboard account, and don't want to maintain a separate one.

Comments

• I think this is going to be very useful. Thank you for doing this.

• edited July 2014

Yeah. Since I have downloaded hundreds of tutorials to an external HD, I can help you, so I'll paste it here and you can copy and paste. Bad day. Tomorrow I'll be out.

By the way, I'm never sure if the devs prefer show their demos from their sites or their channels. See as example Doug's webpage.

Heavy duty. :)

• I'm not sure how to put anything there but I have 4 auria tutorials on our YouTube page, under shutterwax. I will be doing more soon but have gotten swamped at work, then went on vacation, then had a week long session. I'm still trying to figure out a good way to film so my videos are more "watchable."

• edited July 2014
    1. Thanks for doing this, good idea!
    2. There are a few good collections to be mined from existing tutorial sites like Discchord, smite matter, iosmusician...
    3. Once you get some more input, this should be a sticky
    4. URList is a very cool take on social bookmarking. Like pinterest meets del.ico.us.

@fjcblanco I'd err on the side of their site. Unless they're very popular and proactive about ads on youtube, they have a better chance of monetizing ads on their own site.

• @telecharge said:

Ha! I probably should know my own site! But I meant I didn't know how to add them to that list. Thanks for the search though, I should have done it before I posted!

• Cudos for the excellent idea, thanks for doing this.

• great! good idea!
    push 2 links.....
    but miss category DAW & others

• Great idea and a great list so far, and it makes no difference to me where the videos are watched, as long as people watch them I'm happy

• Hey Doug. Have you considered doing a video of the current update/improvements to Loopy?