Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis - duplicate effects from one track to the next

Hey,
I currently use Cubasis as my DAW, although it's frustrating the heck out of me and is soon just going to be a stepping stone on the way getting all my recorded MIDI tracks into Auria...
Anyhow, frustrations aside, does anyone know if you can copy insert / send effects from one track to the next? In fact, can you just duplicate tracks? I can't see anything that would suggest you can do either of these things... They Seem like such a basic features...
I know this is a really Cubasis centric question, but the the forum here is much more 'alive' than Steinberg's Cubasis forum, so i thought I'd pose the question here...
Thanks,
Simon

Comments

• Hello,

@simonrobson said:

Hey,
    does anyone know if you can copy insert / send effects from one track to the next? In fact, can you just duplicate tracks? I can't see anything that would suggest you can do either of these things... They Seem like such a basic features...
    I know this is a really Cubasis centric question, but the the forum here is much more 'alive' than Steinberg's Cubasis forum, so i thought I'd pose the question here...
    Thanks,
    Simon

At the moment this is not possible, this two features are already on our "To do" list.

Best regards,
    GN

• Presets would do the trick as well ;-)

Is there a way today to copy effects from one track to another?

• tjatja
    edited July 2021

@Bob said:

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

We had that recently in another topic.

No, it is still not available, 7 years later.

But @LFS says that Steinberg is hearing what customers want.
    And yes, that really is a basic DAW feature.

• @tja said:

@Bob said:

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Allright, we IOS dudes can work around things :smile:
    Thanks for the fast response!!

• edited July 2021

@Bob said:

@tja said:

@Bob said:

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

You can duplicate tracks and the fx will be duplicated as well. Then just change the instrument and midi. Or use send fx instead of insert. Where you add tracks there is a duplicate button.

• BobBob
    edited July 2021

@Lil_Stu07 said:

@Bob said:

@tja said:

@Bob said:

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

You can duplicate tracks and the fx will be duplicated as well. Then just change the instrument and midi. Or use send fx instead of insert. Where you add tracks there is a duplicate button.

Thanks for the help. This is indeed a good approach if the duplicated track stays midi. I freeze tracks to audio so I'm not able to use the duplicated track effects from midi. Not able to change a track from midi to audio ...(I think)
    Send effects is indeed another option. But for now I just save the effects preset. Can become long winded if lots of effects are in the slot...

• @Bob said:
    Thanks for the help. This is indeed a good approach if the duplicated track stays midi. I freeze tracks to audio so I'm not able to use the duplicated track effects from midi. Not able to change a track from midi to audio ...(I think)
    Send effects is indeed another option. But for now I just save the effects preset. Can become long winded if lots of effects are in the slot...

Hi @Bob,

If I understand you correctly, you're freezing tracks to audio, right?
    Would recommend this workflow:

• Create an audio track with your favoured settings and effects
    • Tap the "Duplicate" button to create a duplicate of the track which will have the exact same settings
    • Go to Setup / Mixdown/Freeze, and uncheck the "Unfreeze Deletes Audio Track" option
    • Tap the "Freeze" button to freeze your MIDI track to audio
    • Tap the "Freeze" button again to unfreeze the track
    • Move the created audio event to the duplicated track

Sounds much more complicated than it is, and should work like a breeze...

Please let me know if it does...

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@Bob said:

Hi @Bob,

• Tap the "Duplicate" button to create a duplicate of the track which will have the exact same settings
    • Go to Setup / Mixdown/Freeze, and uncheck the "Unfreeze Deletes Audio Track" option

Best,
    Lars

Thanks for responding! Yes this works, but I freeze with the "real time" option and low to no latency on both audio latency options to prevent a clicky render.
    So this action takes more time, but I can work with this. :)

• @Bob said:

@LFS said:

@Bob said:

Hi @Bob,

Best,
    Lars

Thanks for responding! Yes this works, but I freeze with the "real time" option and low to no latency on both audio latency options to prevent a clicky render.

Well maybe if you did not have 75 freaking tracks this would not be a problem….. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @onerez said:

@Bob said:

@LFS said:

@Bob said:

Hi @Bob,

Best,
    Lars

Well maybe if you did not have 75 freaking tracks this would not be a problem….. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Nailed it! LOOOL :D

• LFSLFS
    edited July 2021

@Bob said:

Hi @Bob,

Glad to read you're up and running!
    Why did you choose the "Real-time" option? Would not do this unless necessary.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• BobBob
    edited August 2021

@LFS said:

@Bob said:

Hi @Bob,

Glad to read you're up and running!
    Why did you choose the "Real-time" option? Would not do this unless necessary.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

Ok, sorry I missed to reply.
    When freezing a track I sometimes get weird results:
    for ex, the rendered audio is not from the frozen track but from another track.
    That's the reason I choose the real time option, this fixes the issue.

• Duplicating track, and then removing/adding fx for the new track is also useful for this

• @LFS said:

@Bob said:

Hi @Bob,

Best,
    Lars

Hi Lars,
    I have the following issue:
    Midi track with Model 15 synth and 4 effects: flux mini, mixbox, bleass filter and Pro Q.
    When freezing this single track for rendering into audio, the audio file does not sound the same. No clicks or so, but the sound does not match the original. I tried both normal and real time freeze.
    I decided to duplicate the original track and freeze the synth without the 4 effects, thinking it may be the effects causing the issue. This worked, the sound was equal to the frozen track.
    Next is to move the audio back to the original track to use the 4 effects on the new audio.
    Now, how do we go about moving the rendered audio file back in the unfrozen track if this track is MIDI and not audio?
    Your approach mentioned above works on audio only, but can we somehow change the midi track to audio?

Thanks

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Duplicating track, and then removing/adding fx for the new track is also useful for this

That's the way I tend to tackle things but it doesn't stop me from wanting to be able to copy/paste FX slots in much the same way as you can on a desktop DAW.

• The feature to copy/paste track settings across other tracks and even across other projects was already suggested. While In the middle of a project, it is not possible to bring a track’s settings from another project into the current project or bring multiple tracks from multiple projects into current project.