Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MITOSYNTH - HUGE Update out now...

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/mitosynth/id864041340?mt=8

Cant paste the iTunes info from iPad, but @Trueyorky has a great rundown of what's new...

@Trueyorky said:

Really cool update coming...

Mitosynth 1.1 has been sent to Apple, and hopefully won’t take too long to hit the App Store. So what’s new? Quite a bit! The headliners for most people will likely be:

Inter-App Audio support
New Wavechamber modes: Painter and Gridcøre (see below)
Audiobus State Saving (stores which patch was in use)
Package creation
20 more built-in patches, from freaky noises to synth basics
A bunch of extra scales (and you can transpose them into different keys)
Other new features include:

Tube Resonance added to the Prefilter
Pitch Bend: can now set the range (1-12 semitones), and map to an XY Pad
Additional options for Bit Crush, High Pass and Low Pass filters
Per-wave semitone tuning and gain controls in the Blender & Gridcøre
Type in exact values for dials
(iPad only) Synth master output gain control on performance screen
Painter mode
In Painter mode, you can draw your own single-cycle waveforms. If you switch into this mode with a simple waveform (sine, square etc) already loaded, it’ll use that as the starting point, otherwise you’ll start with a sawtooth. Just tap or drag on the waveform with your finger to paint it. There’s a brush size control underneath as well, and the painting area wraps automatically to ensure perfect loops. Of course you can copy, paste, load and save painted waveforms, and use them in the Blender or the new Gridcøre mode to combine them with other waveforms.

Gridcøre mode
For those of you who really want to get their hands dirty, the new Gridcøre mode is like an extended version of the Blender mode.

Mitosynth already supports up to 32 waves in the wavechamber, but from v1.1 you can arrange the waves into a grid (eg 8x4, 6x5, a simple 2x2) and morph across them in 2D.

In this, and classic Blender mode, you can now adjust the mix gain for each slot (to balance the levels) and also set the semitone offset (+-12).

What you do with Gridcøre is up to you, but some ideas I’ve found useful:

Set up a 2x2 grid with 4 different waveforms, and set both Morph X and Y to 50%. Now you have 4 independent wavetable oscillators.
Map Morph X % and Morph Y % to an XY-Pad’s axes, and you’ve got vector synthesis.
Put the same waveform in 4 slots, but with different pitches (using semitone offset) for a pre-baked chord.
Set up some waves in the Blender, then switch to Gridcøre to add a second row. When you add a row, it copies the previous one, so it’ll start off the same, but you can make changes and then start morphing between the changed/unchanged versions.
Add some sub-bass power to an existing Blender patch by switching it to Gridcøre and adding a row of sinewaves, shifted an octave down.
Not bassy enough? Want a two-octave gap? Shift all the existing waves up an octave, then compensate for it by going into Modulation and dropping one octave there.
You can arrange a grid with different wavesforms in each column, but a different version of the same waveform (eg with a different filter applied) on each row. Sweep left/right to morph waveforms, sweep up/down to morph filters/variations.
Which is what Prefilter has been doing automatically for you :) But if you have a sound library with, for example, real-life instruments recorded at different velocities, you can now make your own custom arrangements of instruments on one axis, velocities on the other.
Package Creation
This is one of those features not everyone will use, but hopefully will benefit from anyway: You can select a bunch of patches and export them into a “package”. You can then send this to someone, or put it on a website for download, or whatever you want to do with it. And if you come across a package like this, you can import it into Mitosynth, and all the patches will be installed in one go.

You can also select multiple patches to delete as well, useful for tidying up your library or uninstalling a package.

Comments

• Looks like an awesome update!

• I just love this synth. This update is really huge.

Indeed: GrainScience is also not abandoned.........

• Cubasis does not recognize it. Auria, BM 2, MTDAW , MTS and Meteor are ok.

• The gridcore feature is really powerful, this is an excellent update and Mitosynth is capable of sounds and performance nuances that I just wouldn't know how to recreate in any other synths I own. I have one little niggle, I was very happy to see the keyboard scales expanded and given the ability to set a root note but, when the keyboard contracts, I find it difficult to figure out which notes I am playing. Even just marking the root key would help here. Besides that though, i would like to thank the developer again for this wonderful instrument.

• @BoWeavil said:

Cubasis does not recognize it. Auria, BM 2, MTDAW , MTS and Meteor are ok.

I was able to get both Mitosynth and Grain Science working in Cubasis by triggering midi from Cubasis and recording the audio in Cubasis. Grain Science didn't have IAA but the Audiobus worked fine. Running on an iPad mini retina with the latest iOS, and versions of the apps.

• @Cinebient said:

I just love this synth. This update is really huge.

Indeed: GrainScience is also not abandoned.........

Am I missing something? I don't see any updates for Grain Science.

• Currently under testing.

• edited July 2014

Hi Guys....MitoSynth 1.1 is out and is better and better, here is my second part of presets I'm working on this new version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xxus0tmit3rq6o/Sinapsya Library 02.mitosynth-package

enjoy :-)

• Thanks for these @Sinapsya

• @Sinapsya: Nice ones, thank's! I think i will never finish my second package.... Too much new tools to learn and life is way to short ;)

• @Cinebient Choose 10 of the best of yours and make a package with it :)

Thank you all ;-)

• @Sinapsya thanks!

Is anybody else getting stuck notes when using a conroller app, chordian for example?

• No stuck notes, but when using a MIDI controller via CCK or iRig MIDI, patches set with Poly Glide (Modulation Section) behave strangely regarding note triggering and envelopes (don't know if this is expected, as Poly Glide in Mito may not respond well to traditional MIDI note messages in this case). Haven't checked more deeply due lack of time, gonna test it again.

• Poly Glide and external keyboards is a no-go, for now atleast according to the dev. A lot of presets are set to poly glide, which can be a bit of a hassle when using external keys. A quick-toggle somewhere on the interface for it, that doesn't actually affect the preset state, would be great to have so you don't have to dig into menus to switch it off all the time.

• Yeah, Chris, a quick-toggle would be nice in this case.