Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW BEAST from Virsyn: TERA!!!

I think this is a beast of modular synth.....I own all virsyn app, can't wait to play this :-)

Comments

• Great news indeed.Instabuy!But what about simple things like Osc modulates Cutoff frequency?No OSCs as modulation sources :( That makes it more a semi modular to me.Thor is more advanced here.But unfortunately not blessed with updates (still no IAA) from Propellerheads.Anyway,i'm a Virsyn collector ;-)

• Really nice, can't wait....Digging the sliding interface

• Out in approx 5 days. Info courtesy Sinapsya asking the dev on twitter :)

• Oh yes, can't wait for this.

• Have 3 type of synthesis: subtractive, FM and physical modelling :-)

• The VST does- can't really tell if this is a complete port or not....

• The VST have Addictive, Wavetable and Granular too...

• So, not.
    Sounds amazing though- I don't want to wait 5 days, I want it now!

• edited July 2014

Sounds impressive.

• For me is like to have an Arp 2600 (white face) on my iPad ;-)

• The VirSyn stuff is the best. Tons of presets, somehow manages not to take up a bunch of file space, and has been updated with IAA generator functionality. They sound warm and rich and are easy to use. Will definitely keep an eye on this one.

• Instant buy for me for sure.

• Have a SubHarmonic Oscillator....great

• edited July 2014
  • It will have an introductory price according to the dev. Which IMO eeezz niiice:)

• Will it have multi sampling (like the VST)? I think no, but all the Virsyn stuff is f...... awesome ;) I miss those multi stage enevelope generators in most iOS synths. When i see all the great Virsyn VST/AU i think we will see some of them too in a light version on iOS. Not sure if i will buy this or save for one of the full VST. There is just one thing which is not good.... the virtual keyboard is not well designed. I wish they would finally allow we to have more octaves at once and glissandro.

• @Cinebient Man...you don't have buy a Virsyn Synth before? You should....

• @Sinapsya: I have all available Virsyn iOS apps.... but no VST/AU. O.K. i started just with a Mac some weeks ago and i bought Omnisphere yesterday.... so for this month my money is gone ;)

• Sounds great. UI is just beautiful.

• edited July 2014

@Cinebient I'm crasy this days with Iris & Braktweaker :-)

I want to buy PadShop Pro...

And I really enjoy The Mangle..

Omnisphere have great granular engine...no??

• @Cinebient I want BreakTweaker for iOS!!!

• @Cinebient said:

@Sinapsya: I have all available Virsyn iOS apps.... but no VST/AU. O.K. i started just with a Mac some weeks ago and i bought Omnisphere yesterday.... so for this month my money is gone ;)

Omnisphere is an incredible synth, I got it because of all the amazing presets and now I strat it up and make my own, I got Reason 7 the other day too, well the trial version to see whats new. The trial is pretty good actually, the only thing you cant do is recall saved projects

• Does Omnisphere still rocks after all these years?

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@Cinebient said:

@Sinapsya: I have all available Virsyn iOS apps.... but no VST/AU. O.K. i started just with a Mac some weeks ago and i bought Omnisphere yesterday.... so for this month my money is gone ;)

Omnisphere is an incredible synth, I got it because of all the amazing presets and now I strat it up and make my own, I got Reason 7 the other day too, well the trial version to see whats new. The trial is pretty good actually, the only thing you cant do is recall saved projects

And trial all those tasty Rack Extensions ;)

• edited July 2014

Vst...I'm as bad about buying them as I am about buying iOS apps. When I found out about all the incredible free vst, I lost my mind for awhile.
    More VirSyn is always a good thing. The vst TERA is a must have, as is vst CUBE. iOS TERA? Yes, yes, just as much as the micro we got already.

• @Sinapsya: The granular in Omnisphere is O.K. but not advanced like in other VST like pad shop or even my loved Alchemy. I'm still lurking for Komplete 9 for a all in one package since they have a 30% sell and you get a hell of instruments but i just had to get Omnisphere because for me it's just the best single virtual instrument ever made. It's easy to programm, multi timbral and the sound sources are outstanding. It is a cpu (and ram) hog but i'm used to that in iOS :)

@Korakios: Yep, it still rocks! (for me at least)

@thesoundtestroom: I shoud try that too. At the moment i dig around with GarageBand X which is great for a free DAW and the 14GB content for 4,49€ is a great offer too. I'm thinking to get LogicProX later but first i have to learn my synths now :D
    But when Zebra3 is coming...... need a second job ;)

Back to topic..... the Virsyn guys brought us really a lot great synths to iOS and the best reverb (my personal opinion). For me everything they made/make is an instant buy too. If Tera will have to all the MIDI learn goodies too like their other iOS gems it's another must buy. At the and i'm still an appoholic and now also an AU-holic.....

• edited July 2014

After buying Addictive, CUBE and microTERA (and iSynPoly) in iOS, I actually went looking for suchlike in VST, and ended up getting VirSyn VST, because there's nothing else quite like their stuff. Additive wise Ive heard the full Alchemy is killer, but outside of that one, additive synthesis is VirSyn for me. Interesting, this new Tera looks to be a different flavor, deep vintage analog.

• @Cinebient I want to tell you my Logic History: I began to play in 1994 with Cubase 2.0 on an Atari ST, after that I buy a Pentium 2 with Cubase New with Audio and an Audio Interface with 8 in/out where inside they take me Emagic Logic Audio 3.5 for free.....After try it is an instant love. When I buy my first Mac (Powerbook G3) I buy Emagic Logic Audio Platinum 5.0 for 1000 bucks!! When osX arrive update to Logic 6.0 for 350 bucks!!

And now after Logic go to Apple I can't update to Logic X but I need to buy it again :-(

This is my Logic History...

• I love Virsyn stuff, but is it me or just the one app I play with the most, does most of there stuff sound "chirpy".

This is not meant as some kind of pejorative. It's just hard for me to tell, or maybe use, the synths to get different sounds.

So, if someone wants to enlighten me as to the different processes and best practises for Virsyn synths I'd be much obliged. Thanks in advance ;)

• @audiblevideo Personally I'm interested to new type of synthesis and this is a new one to try....