Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Solo [Nr.19] New App from apeSoft.

Playback and mess around with Stockhausen! Description is on the YT page.
Has Audiobus too.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/solo-nr.19/id884781236?mt=8

Comments

• edited July 2014

So it's some old weird tape delay kinda effect it emulates? Doesn't really work with Audiobus as effect before you spend the 50 bucks though. Not sure I wanna gamble that much money..Anyone wanna TOFTT?

• Works ok as an input in AB, you just don't have access to the mic. You can adjust the tempo etc. but not too much else without the IAP. sounds pretty cool running through crystalline and caramel. And hey, you get to dick around with Stockhausen!

• Yea I don't even know what or who that is though. Some nice weird cello stuff going on in there tho

• If you run this together with iVCS3 you will travel through time.

• @1P18 said:

If you run this together with iVCS3 you will travel through time.

I like your thinking @1P18

• I hope u'll do something with it that doesn't sound like stockhausen ^^

• A cool app, but I can't see paying $50 for the upgrade. According to the description, all it does is open up the app to live audio input using the built-in algorithm. Maybe it does more.

I would be interested in buying it -- if it cost $10-15, you could program the algorithm, and you could share presets. Maybe a randomize button with an ability to choose which variations would be randomized.

• edited July 2014

Looking at the manual, it says that with the upgrade, "all the functions are active." And it does look as though you could create your own effects scripts. Very cool.

Still, $50 is quite steep without knowing how it might sound when you run synth apps through it. A video demo using Audiobus would be helpful. Along with an introductory sale price. :)

• edited July 2014

Hi!
    Think before you speak out of turn of the composition of K.Stockhausen and SOLO [Nr.19] app it is necessary to seek to know and understand ...
    A very interesting article for example is this:
    http://www.csounds.com/journal/issue13/solo_mv_10_1.html

but ... there are also many others on the web.

I think that after reading this and maybe even the manual (which is inside the app SOLO [Nr.19]) we can understand the meaning and usefulness of this wonderful app dedicated to all instrumentalists who want to devote to study and implementation of "Solo" (für Melodieninstrument with Rückkopplung) by Karlheinz Stockhausen (1966).

• I personally think $50 is a fair price for this. It's a limited market app and not likely to attract huge sales because of the musical content. I imagine there are royalties and licenses to consider, as well as Enrico Francioni's performance entitlements. Then take out Apples 30% and ApeSoft are left with very little to cover their development costs. No one is going to get rich off this.

It's different and opens up lots of possibilities. Let's embrace and encourage more of this type of thing.

• edited July 2014

is just so "thinds", thank you!
    this app can be downloaded in the demo version (free) to try to understand first what it is;
    later on you can also buy it; The app is dedicated to all the musicians and scholars of contemporary music that you want to try a solo instrument and the sheet music Solo - Universal Edition Vienna (but with the voice, as did Laura to Acusmatiq 9.0-Ancona, Italy a few days ago: and http://www.acusmatiq.it/waterfront/);
    it is clear that they will not be very many, but this was expected in the project

• Cool link, thanks. Love the sax playing.

• Very nice. 50 is a lot unless you love something and then, understanding that you're in a niche market, you might be happy to pay for something so specific to your interests. I wish there was something comparable for the more esoteric areas of my own fascination etc.

• Hm, strings and sax was interesting, voice not so much
    btw. I know stockhausens music doesn't mean I have to like it. BBC Radiophonic workshop is more my alley.

• Perhaps without the advances of Stockhausen. Boulez, Varese and the Musique Concrete movement, there might not have been the BBC Radiophonic Workshop. They were certainly influences of Osram, Derbyshire and the other team members. But you're right @lala, it's not everyone's taste.

• edited July 2014

Hm, no cut ups without Dada and Brion Gysin and William S. Burroughs
    we can stretch this anyway we want and how we like it :)

• and it's completely understandable to enjoy the direct descendants of a particular music without liking the ancestors. Descendants are often influenced by other ancestors and the sum of those influences may speak to someone. I find though, after a while, the descendants with their varied influences are a gateway to the ancestors.

Hated the Velvet Underground. Loved Sonic Youth and REM and MBV and then one day, I loved the Velvet Underground. Indeed, Sonic Youth opened me up to a lot of 20th century experimental music that I found impenetrable on first listen(s).

All was great but The Descendants were better. :)

• edited July 2014

…a historic and memorable performance of "SOLO" by Vinko Globokar trombone:

…the version for voice is very original and unique, no one had we never thought of before! Brava Laura!

• edited July 2014

Thanks again @Kolox_8259. Do you have any details on this performance? Dates and photographer?

• mean of Globokar or "Acusmatiq 9.0"?

• Globokar please.

• …at the moment I have not found the video on the performance of Globokar;
    However, this is a pretty old performance made ​​with Max/MSP;
    the charm of this performance in my opinion lies in the choice of musical material and the use of concrete sounds impressive introduced in the algorithm;

some important news:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solo_(Stockhausen)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinko_Globokar

other historical performances:
    Evert van Tright (oboe)
    Barry Anderson (posaune)
    Simon Stockhausen (synth)
    Gianpaolo Antongirolami (sax)
    Robert Esler (xilophone)
    Enrico Francioni (contrabass)
    etc.

• Thanks, I just couldn't find any reference to that particular recording. I will keep digging.

• However, there are audio recordings (Amazon etc ...)

• edited July 2014

The music has to work without the listener to know about the concept, if u need to know the concept then it simply doesn't work.
    This is what makes good artists great.
    And this is what academic music will never understand.

And sorry the trombone video doesn't work. It sounds like a 60s b movie soundtrack to me.

• @lala said:

The music has to work without the listener to know about the concept, if u need to know the concept then it simply doesn't work.
    This is what makes good artists great.
    And sorry the trombone video doesn't work. It sounds like a 60s b movie soundtrack to me.

+++

Without a license ... so the car does not leads!
    I am convinced that without the knowledge SOLO can not be executed as it was the intention of the author; but (alas) this is also true for Mozart and Arvo Pärt... it's the same thing...
    SOLO is not designed for the video ...
    But ... why do not you post one with lala video? That would be nice! :-)

• edited July 2014

Huh? Wait what?
    I am not talking about the execution of concepts, it's ok to have concepts, but
    You don't need to understand anything about music for Mozart to work for you;)
    that's what makes Mozart so great, it just touches you .
    cough! and Mozart and Stockhausen are not on the same level and never will be.

Who wants to listen to stockhausen? Hands up! Who wants to listen to Mozart? Hands up! ;)
    Greetings from Germany.

Here you go, a sound concept I did. I am not going to tell you what I did here, because there is no need to tell, it just works ;)
    Have a nice day!

• …lala sorry…,
    but it is for "SOLO" by Stockhausen that "SOLO [Nr.19]" app,
    it is necessary to "driving license" :(