Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

thesoundtestroom video for SynthX, Old But Gold

I made this in responce to a request made here a few weeks back, again another app that would benefit from AB or IAA, but still had a lot fun playing with this oldie
http://www.thesoundtestroom.com

Comments

• Yes - would love to see this updated for AB. Did write the dev about that some time back too.

• Nice one! I love this synth! I emailed them too, moths ago but no reply. It's a keeper anyway. I read somewhere that it's based on ARP AXXE.

• Could be, that was a nice synth, actually all the ARP stuff was good and sturdy, maybe the video will renew a bit of interest and it will get updated, its poly too

• I would love that.

It's a kind of an iPad version of their AXXE emulation plug-in KikAXXE - source: http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/03/retro-graphical-synthx-is-a-serious-touchable-synthesizer-for-ipad/

That interview was done in the pre- Audiobus era which is especially apparent in the second to last sentence.

• I agree with all of the above. hopefully if enough of us show an interest, the developer will add Audiobus?

• Sounds killer, but man I wish it had AB.

• edited July 2014

in my opinion still one of the most realistic analog synth emulation on iOS.

I use it also as effect for external audio in (together with an audio interface) and, before I had my QuNexus, sometimes as a keyboard controller with poly AT (y-axis).

• It looked cool, but while 4.99 is fair for most apps, I worry about ones that are more or less abandoned.

• I don't care how many updates a software has. It's the resulting sound quality that counts. Sometimes it is even a good sign when there are no updates. It means, the software is free of bugs, it's the final version, nothing left to fix or adjust. It's sometimes a sign of quality, of proper professional coding.

But I agree that Audiobus and IAA should be implemented. Shouldn't be difficult, and the sound engine won't be affected I think. And it would give the developer more sales.

• It's actually two ARP models - AXXE and SOLUS that you can switch between, the SOLUS was added in the latest update. I knew there was two modes just didn't know what SOLUS meant, so today I googled it.

• one of my favs, just sounds good

• Thinking about pulling the trigger on SynthX. It's a reasonable price and I'm hearing good things about the control scheme(s) and sound quality.

But the no AB/IAA scares me. Does it also have no metronome? If so, does anyone realistically use this in their workflow for recording? Suppose I could play a drum beat in the background and record live using the app's record feature and ACP, but that's a bit clunky. Bummer it hasn't been updated since Jan 2013.

Feel free to talk me in or out of this. :)

• has anyone heard from the dev, or tried to contact him recently?

• Interesting one; those that know it seem to love it.

• Seems like no word from the developer since january 2013. He had big plans for SynthX, even making it universal and seemed to be very responsive before that.

I updated to iOS8 yesterday and SynthX seems to be working fine. I was a little worried I might lose it forever.

• yayyy thanks fj, i haven't updated yet and was worried about that as well