Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Problem using Roland Duo Capture EX

podpod
edited July 2014 in General App Discussion

I just received a Duo Capture. Really fun, but i can't get it to work correctly in Audiobus. I did get it to work when i load Audioshare in the input, and press the monitor input button. It doesn't work flawlessly. I feel like this isn't the way it is supposed to work. I should just be able to choose Input 1&2 as an input and the sound being input should pass through, but I haven't gotten it to work that way. I choose the audio input 1&2 and the output and nothing.
Is there a trick? I have batteries in it. I have the switch to Tab.
My Ipad is a Ipad Air.
Oh, and I'm also not getting a choice of using the 1/4 inch outputs in Audiobus. It just offers the built-in output. Thanx in advance for any advice.

Comments

• @pod, I haven't had any problems. Use it via the mic-in in AB into Loopy. I've also used it fine with other apps like Bias and Amplitube.

• Thanx...so you use bias as the input in audiobus? Can you use audiobus as the input, or do you have to have another effect in the input slot?

• Yeah, I can't seem to get it to work with just audiobus. It seems to need a device on the input. Audiobus shows individual inputs, but when I assign an input to the input of audiobus (input1 for example), audio comes through for a couple seconds, but then disappears. Hmmmm. Then nothing....I was hoping to use audio bus to put effects on my two korg volca's, individually. Maybe I have to use another program for this?

• @pod maybe try and delete AudioBus ... then reinstall?

• thanx @thenonanonymous...it was worth a try. still doesn't work. but thanx anyways.

• edited July 2014

@pod no it should work the way you were thinking it should.... you don't need an extra app to get at the inputs. It works for me. Maybe first try to get at the separate inputs through a different app as well... ie. try without AudioBus. Single out where the problem is. It's possible it's a defective unit, or could be a messed up CCK?... or a USB cable problem? I guess first figure out whether it's a software VS hardware issue.

• I have tried Audioshare alone and it works fine. It doesn't give me the option of using individual ins and outs, but it does work in stereo. Yeah, it may be a defective unit. I bought it used on Ebay. I tried new USB, but not CCK. Will try that. Are you using an Ipad Air? and does the Duo Capture show up in your general settings on the Ipad?

• I just got it to work in beatmaker, but in Auria, nothing. Strange.

• I figured it out finally. It was in general settings>Privacy>Microphone. It was turned off for audiobus and few other apps. Thanx so much for your help thenonanonymous!

• @pod Great! Time to make some music!

• Yes. Exactly!