Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why does Audiobus fix Cubasis recording?

I've been testing Cubasis, to see whether it merits switching from Beatmaker 2. One thing I'm stymied by is recording from an audio interface. The quality is extremely poor UNLESS I first load Cubasis into the input slot of Audiobus. I've noticed this with two audio interfaces: Behringer UCA202 and Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. The Audiobus workaround does work, so I'm not panicked, but I am puzzled. Why does this happen, and why does Audiobus fix it?

Comments

• edited July 2014

I've had the same experience. Scarlett 2i2 into cubasis = distorted sounds. All so on cubasis' own sounds. But when cubasis is loaded in audiobus all is fine. Very odd indeed. iPad 3

• "Use Measurement Mode" in the latest AudioBus may be why. It turns off the Apple mic conditioning.

Or not.

• ^not.
    That only effects the actual mic and the 1/8 " input, not anything that plugs into the 30 pin or Lightning port.

• Hi dokwok,

If possible, please provide us with more information about the issue:

• Was “Measurement Mode” activated in the Audiobus settings when experiencing the issue?
    • What sample rate was set in your Cubasis project when experiencing the issue?
    • Does Cubasis run properly with the Focusrite interface (without Audiobus) if the sample rate is set to 44.1 kHz in Cubasis’ setup?

Best regards,
    GN

• @GuillermoNavarrete
    For me it happens in cubasis alone. Plug in my focusrite 2i2 and It starts out fine, but after a while the audio gets distorted. Especially if I change through apps. But with cubasis loaded up In audiobus, it never happens. And it was before "'measurement mode" existed. And sample rate is unchanged.

• Hello

@Jakersjaw, what sample rate are you using?

Best regards,
    GN

• 44.1 and 16

• This is what I'm using that DOES work with iPad Air and Focusrite Scarlett 2i4:

44.1kHz, 16-bit, latency 256.

• Hello,

@dokwok and what about the "Measurement Mode"?

Best regards,
    GN

• Hello all,

We have been in contact with focusrite about the issue, and they have not been able to reproduce the issue, could you please place a report at: http://uk.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Best regards,
    GN

• I doubt that it's a focusrite issuer. Same thing happened with my Sampson g-track.