Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AltiSpace - Out Now.

AltiSpace,a convolution reverb app by Igor Vasiliev (Audio Mastering) has hit the stores. £3.99 UK,... $5.99

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/altispace-convolution-reverb/id870386229?mt=8

Comments

• edited July 2014

$5.99 intro price

From http://audio-mastering-studio.blogspot.se/2014/07/altispace-has-been-released.html?spref=tw :

"AltiSpace - Convolution reverb for iPad and iPhone has been released!

The realistic sound of famous reverb equipment for your iPad and iPhone! Includes a large built-in library of the highest quality reverb impulses taken from actual devices and the possibility to upload your own reverb space impulses. Intuitive and compact user interface for maximum ease and efficiency.

Use this application together with Inter-App Audio hosts (like a DAW, Recorders or Audio file managers) or with Audiobus for adding studio quality reverberation effects to the sound of other music applications or pre-recorded tracks."

• More than 200 samples of factory presets from different devices.

• High-quality and fast convolution algorithm with 64 bit operations.

• Wide range of reverberation types such as plates, springs, halls, rooms, etc.

• Preset hotkeys with possibility to save current sample and all its parameters.

• Convenient choice sample by device name, by reverb type or in complete list.

• All processing parameters are stored for each sample.

• Pre/post parametric equalizer with cut-off filters.

• Possibility to construct the envelope (like ADSR) for device sample.

• Adjusting stereo width and modulation for reverb output.

• Additional mode 'reverb only output' for use with mixing consoles.

• Possibility to upload additional samples in different audio formats.

• Uploading samples thru Web access, audio clipboard, from another app and iTunes.

• Detailed application description with an overview of famous reverb equipment.

• Different color schemes available for the user interface.

• IAA Compatible

• Audiobus (Input/effect/output) Compatible

• edited July 2014

I'd love to plop my Auria IRs into this. But not sure what formats it'll read. Anyone gotten that far yet? Is it .wav files only?

Edit: Ops, missed the "Different audio formats" thing :)

Edit: Also, nm, purchased IRs from MoreVox in Auria seem to be in a proprietary .irf format. Understandable I guess, considering the low prices.

• Yep, gonna get this one as soon as I get home from work! :-)

• Guitar cabs would be another obvious use...

• There's a demo video:

• Hmmm...not available in US yet....soon I hope!

• Hmm, bought it a half hour ago in US...

• edited July 2014

Http://Www.morevox.com have a freebie package with a bunch of nice IRs in wav format from their various packages.

• edited July 2014

First impressions...It sounds good. When it works. A simple Audiobus setup with Audioshare as input looping a beat, and AltiVerb in the FX slot, speaker out, and AltiVerb is a total crash fest. :/

iPad Air, latest iOS. Anyone else getting frequent crashes and hanging with this?

Edit: Absolute crash fest in stand-alone mode as well. I can only guess this is related to 64bit devices and iOS 7. There's no way the dev could have knowingly released it in this state, so I'm guessing he's using iPad 4 or below....?

• Haven't tried it yet.

Nice set of audio demos on Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/audio-mastering-ipad

• Yep couple of crashes when changing presets and tweaking but it sounds fantastic. From subtle to mad.

• Haha, dammit, every time I say "last app I'm buying for awhile", something new drops.

Here's my question - anybody with Auria also buying this? Auria has its own convolution reverb plug-in, but when I try to use it with Overloud THM to play IR guitar cabinet files, it's a stuttering mess (iPad2 - I assume it works much better on an Air).

Now, I have used Fiddlicator (which is free) through AudioBus (512 frames) and loaded IR files that way - it works with some barely noticeable latency, but you really have to baby it.

What's so great about Igor's other app (Audio Mastering) is that it does pretty complex things without eating tons of CPU. Makes me curious if AltiSpace could work alright on an iPad2 for this purpose, but I suspect I'll always be up against a wall until I get a newer device.

• I'm on an iPad 3. Tried it looping with AudioShare as input, AltiVerb in FX. No crashes so far. I can change presets etc. No problems yet. Sounds great with Animoog.

I have Auria, and I bought this. Igor's apps are worth a purchase.

• Those MoreVox freebie IRs from the link above sounds fantastic with this (when it works).

Couldn't open the app anymore, by the way. Had to delete and reinstall it. Oh well. I'm sure this dev will fix it, he seems to update his apps quite often so..

• Working quite well on ipad2. I don't have any other iOS standalone reverbs to compare it to, but quality is as good as any VST. A total steal for 6 bucks!

• Works fine on iPhone 5 as well, so seems safe to say it's a 64bit issue.

• yay @ universal!

Can anyone comment on the latency?

• @ChrisG said:

Http://Www.morevox.com have a freebie package with a bunch of nice IRs in wav format from their various packages.

Thanks for this. They have a free sample pack as well. Had a wee bit of trouble finding it, so here is the dowload link:

http://www.morevox.com/web/---download-page.html

FYI, download is somewhat slow.

• @syrupcore said:

yay @ universal!

Can anyone comment on the latency?

The minimum pre-delay setting is 20 ms (max is 147ms). But from the few test I've been able to do (very scientifically using state of the art iPad Air speakers), I don't think there's any delay added on top of that.

• Just had a play on my iPad Air, with it in the effects slot and both Sector and DM1 as sources and had a few crashes, but it was stable for longish patches of time too. I couldn't replicate the crashes they just came with the occasional preset switch.

Sounds good.

One oddity: if I turn down the reverb signal slider all the way and the input slider all the way down there is still a lot of dry signal coming through. That's not right, is it?

• Oh crap, this is a universal app?! I missed that! Yep this will probably be a purchase. If my iPad 2 can't handle it, I have an iPhone 5s that will. Dammit. Haha

• Damm I hate it when this happens, went and bought this, saw the link to his Master FX app and its on sale too so got it as well. Will be testing on my iPad 4 shortly.

• Anybody tried it with guitar yet to simulate a cab with an IR file?

• edited July 2014

@ChrisG - I was unable to replicate your "crash fest" on my Air. I played with it for about 5-10 minutes in Audiobus, and flipped through a bunch of presets. Only had one crash, after maybe about 15 preset changes.

Is everyone seeing the crashes when changing presets? Any other crashes?

• Igor's apps are all amazing, but function with more subtlety than other Guitar effects, Mastering apps, whathaveyou. His apps have a cleaner, less dramatic, less in-your-face style than the typical app we see here. I consider MasterFX to be the go-to app for playing my guitars, unless I need some overdrive or crunching. So I expect this Reverb deal to sound very clean and smooth. Guess I'll find out in a minute!

• DEFINATELY worth the money. I ran a quick loop on Gadget of Marseille piano notes and bused it through AltiSpace's presets: that's some seriously cool reverb. Congratulations to Igor Vasiliev for yet another wonder app! (No crashing or anything except smoothness on my IPad4.)

• I've been running Bebot through AltiSpace tonight. Makes it sound huge. Very sweet app!

• Regarding my comment about faders earlier, the dev says:
    "Fader "Input" don't turn off the input signal at all. It just decrease input level down to -12 db"

Personally I find that odd behaviour for the fader, and a shame as I would have liked to make some settings that had only a very little dry signal in the mix, something I guess that is impossible with the current configuration. But it's not a bug.

• I had no problem processing some files in Audioshare with the app on an iPad 2. Ran a vocal track through multiple times to get an interesting effect. Yes his apps tend to be more subtle versus something like Turnado that can be fairly extreme.

• edited July 2014

@Seangarland said:

@ChrisG - I was unable to replicate your "crash fest" on my Air. I played with it for about 5-10 minutes in Audiobus, and flipped through a bunch of presets. Only had one crash, after maybe about 15 preset changes.

Is everyone seeing the crashes when changing presets? Any other crashes?

Two people above you, besides me, had repeated crashes on their Airs. So there are obviously issues. But would be good to hear if others on 64bit devices get the same (and what iOS version they are running).