Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GliderVerb by Amazing Noises OUT NOW (AB & IAA Supported)

Linkage: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gliderverb/id887408942?mt=8 (Full unlock via IAP.)

Looks like a different take on reverbs & delay fx. It's Audiobus and IAA compatible.

Amazing noises Facebook is located here https://www.facebook.com/amazing.noises .

Sneak peak video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=LYDoQQmGnyw

Also, there's another fx app similar to this one in the UI department by the same dev, but it's a filter unit. Probably being released in August..

Gliderverb screenshot:

http://forum.audiob.us/uploads/FileUpload/e3/4e646d7db893f3ef07afee8057529f.jpg

Comments

• Also, the same dev behind iVCS3 so quality app. Sounds like crazy atmo stuff. Interesting.

• Looks cool! :-)

• Sounds really cool, not so excited about IAP for audio in and MIDI, but I guess it depends on the prices...

• Makes nice resonant reverb timbres

• edited July 2014

and lots of crazy stuff

• edited July 2014

Very cool!!!

• Sounds cool. I'll be very interested to see the video of the Belew/Noisse app, too.

• I feel like Apesoft doesn't get nearly the respect and exposure they deserve- this is like the Don Buchla of today- experimental music is back in the deep underground ghetto right now- but someone should take notice of this stuff!

• I love apesoft! Bought 2 of the 3 granular apps he made. (Had to stop myself from getting the third.) Really deep apps. Lots of control. I especially appreciate that he still squeezes his interfaces onto the iphone :)

• What happened to this?I'm waiting,I'm waiting,I'm....

• Can't be far away. Solo [Nr.19] was released today.

• Gee, solo is already out? That was quick.

• edited July 2014

Out now https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/gliderverb/id887408942?mt=8

Edit: And it is very, very cool.

• At first glance it seems a bit limited, but the sampler and pad combo provides some different variations. Definitely has an unusual vibe to it, like the other apesoft apps. A welcome addition.

• Anyone else able to get this to work in AB after getting the IAP?

• I didn't get the IAP yet. It loads into the FX slot, but it doesn't allow you to chose the AB input unless you purchase the IAP.

• @CalCutta You need to choose with the little menu 'filter' inside AB before to open it...

• Nice work as usual with the presets @Sinapsya.

• edited July 2014

I've got the IAP and it sounds great.

There do seem to be some issues with the app freezing when you change to a different preset and you're running midi through it at the same time. It switches to the new preset and the screen is frozen in the app. If you close out the app, you will get a red message at the top of the screen saying the app is recording. If you press on that, you will be in the app again, and when you go to close it out, it stays closed and its red recording message goes away too. If you stop the midi before you change presets, you don't get this issue.

You can get both mic and the Audiobus source in the input slot going through the app at the same time. You can frequently get the "port unavailable" message on the app's icon in the effect's slot using it in the effects slot of Audiobus (I'd never seen that before). In this state you can't turn off the app as an effects filter from the Audiobus menu and it's not even an option nor will MT DAW see it as a recording source. If I close out the app and add it again it will be recognized by MT DAW and the "port unavailable" message is gone, you don't get the mic going through the app at the same time as the Audiobus input, and you can turn it on and off as an effect from the Audiobus pop up menu.

This was all on an iPad mini retina running the latest iOS and Audiobus. The midi issue happened with several different midi apps. Here's a sound demo of the app with DrumJam as input.

Hopefully these issues can be resolved.

• Everything by ApeSoft is an insta-buy, but like @Paulinko I've had a few crashes with the app. That being said, the worst crashes were in trying to use Gliderverb in iMPC Pro, so who knows. The latter crashes on its own, with no help from other apps.

I have confidence that the developer(s) will sort out the issues.

• Some glitches (of the unintended kind), but I thought to poke about with it at a little past midnight and didn't end up putting it down until a couple of hours had gone by...

• I say all to Ale....it look at this problems :)

• @Sinapsya said:

@CalCutta You need to choose with the little menu 'filter' inside AB before to open it...

This fixed my issues, thanks!!!!

• edited July 2014

@sinapsya: Somehow my presets got lost on the way to apple? U talk to a.,
    If he wants something different just tell me here, he knows what this is about ...

• Isn't IAP for AudioBus forbidden? I know the IAP includes more than just AB, but still....

• You can still use the app in Audiobus without the IAP, you don't get any input other than from the samples within the app.

• In AB, without the IAP, I either get "port unavailable", and the app doesn't actually go through Audiobus (it goes straight to speaker and an fx added to the AB chain after it are ignored) or if I unload/reload as mentioned above, "port unavailable" goes away but I get no sound at all.

• Working on it ...

• edited December 2014

UPDATE!

GliderVerb got an update today and answered this question...

"New Version! We removed the "annoying voice" now you can use all the Gliderverb features, even the Pad and the Ribbon. The only limitation is you can't save new presets; but you still can load the old ones you made, using the two arrows you find on the left and right side of the preset name (top side of the main window). We also lowered the price of the in-App purchase (till January 10th 2015). With the in-App purchase you can access the Preset Manager (to save your new presets), and MIDI enable the Pad."

New Control Manager LFO for Parameters

Support for 14 bit MIDI nRPN

Inter-App Audio fixed

iOs 8.1 SDK

Audiobus 2.1.5

Midibus 1.27

UI Improvements

New Feedback alert message

Skip Source select when Audio’s is connected

ClassicReverb removed zip noise for Dry/Wet

Bug Fixed

demo of LFO!