Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OUT NOW: FLUX:FX by Noiise Audio (Modular Multi FX - AB, IAA & MIDI supported)

edited December 2014 in General App Discussion

Flux:fx is a full stereo modular multi effects app. Suitable for any audio/genre. Aaaaand more info below (hint: it's brilliant)

AppStore Linkage:

FLUX:FX by Adrian Belew - the professional audio multi-effects app by NOIISE

https://appsto.re/us/-jWq4.i

Intro & Overview:

Performance view FX Modes:

Performance view tweaking:

Edit view modulation:

Edit view bpm quantize & FX sync:

Edit: Info below getting old, better check their site for the latest on what effects there are, what protocols it'll support and so on...

More info and videos to follow soon,

Follow @noiiseaudio on twitter.

Or their Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/noiiseaudio .

Official site is located here: http://www.noii.se/

What is FLUX:FX (taken from from the site):

"FLUX:FX is a professional multi-effect audio processor app for the iPad that lets you ‘play’ your effects. Innovative, intuitive and exciting, FLUX:FX lets you manipulate any audio signal into something entirely new, and redefines the possibilities of audio and live performance in an app with an almost unlimited range of effect options. FLUX:FX is a truly authentic digital platform for designing your sound."

Few highlights from the site:

• FLUX:FX has over 30 studio-quality effects to choose from, and an almost unlimited range of settings to let you twist and sculpt your sound. Chain 5 together for maximum aural impact.

• Every parameter of every effect is editable, assignable and with the fine tuner dial, PRECISE. That makes FLUX:FX a tweaker’s paradise.

• A touch-based automation sequencer for your effects that adds a completely new fluid dimension to your sound design.

• Audiobus and IAA compatible

• Extensive MIDI support

• Works with virtually any audio interface

Effects available at the moment (from the manual):

Loopers -

• Loop
  • Stutter
  • Reverse Loop
  • Grain Shift
  • Sample Scratch

Dynamics -

• Compressor
  • Ducking Compressor
  • Brickwall Limiter on the out (switchable)

Distortions -

• Overdrive
  • Distortion
  • Fuzz
  • Bitcrush
  • Destroy
  • Decimate

EQs & Filters -

• Ultra EQ
  • Para EQ
  • Lowpass Filter
  • Highpass Filter
  • Bandpass Filter

Modulations -

• Chorus
  • Flange
  • Phase
  • Resonant Drone
  • Pitch Shift
  • Octave Shift
  • Ring Modulate

Delays -

• Digital Delay
  • Slapback Delay
  • Tape Echo
  • Reverb
  • Delay/Reverb

• There are more effects currently in development - stay tuned for details!

Performance View:

http://flux.noii.se/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/fluxfx_performance_1200.png

Effect Parameter Edit View:

http://flux.noii.se/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/fluxfx_editzoom_1200.png

Effect Sequencer View:

http://flux.noii.se/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/fluxfx_sequence_1200.png

Comments

• Adrian Belew used to play guitar for Zappa ages ago, I think he also worked with Robert Fripp

• Adrian plays with King Crimson and with a buddy of mine in The Bears.

• edited July 2014

Love the Bears and psychodots -they are sadly under recognized!

• Love his stuff on 'The Great Curve'. Wonder what apps he uses :)

• edited July 2014

Saw Robert Fripp as the pre-show while-the-audience-filed-in act for a Guitars Three show. He sat surrounded by racks of ??? layering and manipulating little riffs he generated with a guitar. Quite different from the hard blues rock of Vai, Sheperd and Satriani the audience came to see. Best part of the show for me.

• edited July 2014

You got to see a Frippertronics set, that's awesome!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frippertronics

• It's more fun to do than to listen to, IMO.

• If anyone can grab that gif on twitter and upload it here, or a direct link to it, that would be great. I can't seem to get a direct link to it on iPad, if I use my webtop PC I'll get an aneurism :(

• This looks good i want to see a really good stutter fx on ipad like the Ozone company Stutter Edit, but until august and until a see it in the appstore i dont want to get excited again.

• https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/BsdKzPVIgAA5TtR.mp4 is what's on twitter. They wrapped it up in a video/flash player.

• Turnado's current stutter effects are pretty great, if ya haven't had a chance to try it already.

• Elephant Candy is the developer who did LiveFx and the Level24 apps.

• edited July 2014

@syrupcore said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/BsdKzPVIgAA5TtR.mp4 is what's on twitter. They wrapped it up in a video/flash player.

Ok, flash, that explains it. Oh well. We'll see more videos soon.

It definetely looks like something to keep an eye on. LiveFX/Turnado/Effectrix thing going on with more traditional stuff like dynamics processing etc, lots of modulation, automation/sequencing and XY style performance controls, also looks like its a modular setup FinalTouch/ToneStack/JamUp-style. But still just a lot of guessing here from the pics available..

• Yep. I take Mr Belew's involvement as a very good sign. I wasn't very impressed by the sonics of LiveFX.

• You can take a look at the manual on the site. I'm really excited for this one. With Belew behind it, I'm drooling..

• edited July 2014

Do you have a link to the manual? All I'm finding on the site is a press release...

Nevermind, here it is http://flux.noii.se/manual/

Can go in any of the 3 AB slots, and has state saving. And YES! MIDI clock sync!!

• @syrupcore said:

Yep. I take Mr Belew's involvement as a very good sign. I wasn't very impressed by the sonics of LiveFX.

Live fx did sound a bit muddy compared to turnado

• Totally looking forward to this. Full audiobus compliant too!

• edited July 2014

Effects available in there from what I can see so far:

Stutter Looper, Reverse Loop, Loop Slice, Grain Shift, Sample Scratch, Compressor, Duch Compress, Overdrive, Distortion, Fuzz, Bit Crush, Destroy, Decimate, Ultra EQ, Para EQ, Lowpass Filter, Highpass Filter, Bandpass Filter, Resonant Drone, Phaser, Flanger, Tape Echo, Slapback Delay, Digital Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Ring Modulate, Octave Shift, Limiter

Edit: that's 29, I'm missing one darnit! :(

• I won’t buy unless there are no fewer than thirty available effects.

• I know. Well, I'm super disappointed. No buy.

• edited July 2014

Seriously, this thing looks pretty sweet. Having Belew’s name attached is enough for me to buy it sight unseen. Of course, I’ve seen and love the interface. Slick website to boot. Gotta love the code/coffee/call/conception counter. (These are words with a “c” this time!)

• looks like i'll hold off on buying Effectrix for a few weeks... Anybody hear anything about the price? Intro sale?

• edited July 2014

Seems like a cool concept for live work. But honestly I hope it is not the same fx engine like on live fx. I liked it before I bought turnado but then....it is no longer on my ipad. It also had some latency issues when with audiobus. But I guess I can't judge this app before it comes out.

• I never really got on with LiveFX. But ElephantCandys UltraPhaser app is really nice sounding for sure. I do hope it handles audio a bit differently in terms of clipping etc then their other apps, like having a brick wall on the out or something. Their apps do tend to fart out nasty digital clipping sounds quite a lot if you're not really careful with the in/out.

• +1 agree.

• edited July 2014

Well oh my god someone could have told me they listed the effects in the manual! :(

Loopers -

• Loop
    • Stutter
    • Reverse Loop
    • Grain Shift
    • Sample Scratch

Dynamics -

• Compressor
    • Ducking Compressor

Distortions -

• Overdrive
    • Distortion
    • Fuzz
    • Bitcrush
    • Destroy
    • Decimate

EQs & Filters -

• Ultra EQ
    • Para EQ
    • Lowpass Filter
    • Highpass Filter
    • Bandpass Filter

Modulations -

• Chorus
    • Flange
    • Phase
    • Resonant Drone
    • Pitch Shift
    • Octave Shift
    • Ring Modulate

Delays -

• Digital Delay
    • Slapback Delay
    • Tape Echo
    • Reverb
    • Delay/Reverb

• There are more effects currently in development - stay tuned for details!

• Chris, they list the effects in the manual....

• +1 on dumping live fx, couldn't get rid of it fast enough