Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneStack by Yonac Software OUT NOW (AB supported multi fx & amp sim unit)

AppStore linkage: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tonestack/id870269510?mt=8

ToneStack from Yonac Software will be out today, Wednesday July 2 at 12 AM EST. According to their official twitter.

Check out Doug's ( @thesoundtestroom ) preview video if you haven't. There are no further details up on their site yet. It's a multi effects and amp sim units processor. Geared towards guitarists obviously, but it's modular and contains lots of different effects, so it should work as a all-purpose multi fx unit in Audiobus etc really (unless it processes the incoming audio as mono only that is, Edit: Which it currently seem to do).

Product site is up: http://www.yonac.com/tonestack/

Some highlights...

• 24 amps & cabs

• 70 Effects

• 8 track recorder

• Universal App

• Extensive AB, IAA & MIDI support

WHAT'S INCLUDED:
http://www.yonac.com/tonestack/store.html

AVAILABLE BUNDLES:
http://www.yonac.com/tonestack/bundles.html

http://www.yonac.com/tonestack/images/tonestackinfo01.png
http://www.yonac.com/tonestack/images/tonestackinfo02.png
http://www.yonac.com/tonestack/images/tonestackinfo03.png

SPEC LIST:

• Cutting edge analog circuit modelling thanks to our brand new ToneStack "Virtual Circuit" technology

• Each amp and effect is meticulously modeled from real-life topologies, taking into account…

• First time on the platform: use any number of ABY splitter-mixer units to unleash the full power of ToneStack: play through multiple amps, blend or switch between different FX chains and more

• Immediate access to 24 effects, 6 amps and 6 cabs

• Expand with 24 unique amps and cabs & over 90 effects, including stompboxes, rack effects and sophisticated production tools

• Countless unique effects brought to this platform for the first time: including polyphonic pitch-shifting, harmonizer, highly realistic tape delays, extremely powerful filters and more

• Another platform-first: run up to 64 amps or FX simultaneously (device CPU limitations apply)

• Independent amps & cabs: pair any amp with any cab

• Insert any FX between an amp and a cab -- just like a physical FX Loop

• Each cab comes with 3 mics with settable distance and position

• Simply drag-n-drop to change effect order; double tap to pull up the effect controls

• Professional 64-bit (32/64?) digital signal processing

• Powerful, easy-to-use 8-Track recorder/mixer with first 2 tracks free

• Tapedeck with easy looping, time compression/expansion and pitch shift, fx send and optional fixed-time recording for on-the-fly loop creation

• Built-in tuner with always-on and fullscreen modes

• Metronome with tap tempo & configurable time signature

• BPM syncing for modulation FX & LFOs

• onSTAGE mode for fast preset access & effect toggling

• UNLIMITED banks and presets: enjoy the industry's most powerful preset management system for effortlessly creating, saving and sharing presets

• Powered by our acclaimed MIDI framework: control any amp or fx parameter using MIDI

• Super-easy MIDI learn / CC Mapping right on the FX screen

• MIDI program changes; preset & bank up/down mapping and more

• Audiobus: use as input, effect or output

• Inter-App Audio: use with GarageBand or your favorite DAW

• Audio copy/paste; share audio files via email, iTunes or web browser

• Input/Output channel selection for multi-channel USB interfaces

• And quite a lot more!

3 min promo video from Yonac:

Comments

• Definitely liking the logo. Would even wear it on a t-shirt!

• I'll definitely be interested in comparisons to the likes of Bias and Flying Haggis. I haven't yet bought the latter, so I think my next purchase will be between FH and Tonestack!

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

I'll definitely be interested in comparisons to the likes of Bias and Flying Haggis. I haven't yet bought the latter, so I think my next purchase will be between FH and Tonestack!

i do have demos for Flying Haggis and Bias on my channel, but this offers more than that it does work very well as an all purpose effects rack for vocals, keys or whatever you like

• YES. Thanks for the alert, can't wait to check it out!

• @supadom said:

Definitely liking the logo. Would even wear it on a t-shirt!

Boob man, eh?

• looking forward to this one!

• edited July 2014

@thesoundtestroom said:

i do have demos for Flying Haggis and Bias on my channel, but this offers more than that it does work very well as an all purpose effects rack for vocals, keys or whatever you like

Is there a significant price point difference?

• One thing worth pointing out for anyone considering to get this for processing other stuff then just a guitar, is that it accepts and processes L/R channels independently. Unlike most guitar fx/amp units out on iOS, as far as I know.

• Here's a 3 min promo video from Yonac Software:

• Looks very nice. I just hope it has also MIDI learn because static FX are to limited. But it looks very interesting, also for synth sounds.

• edited July 2014

Its Yonac, it will have midi EVERYTHING :)

(pure speculation, wishful thinking... But their other apps have great MIDI function)

Edit: I just saw the specs list and yep, confirmed it basically has MIDI EVERYTHING !

• @CalCutta said:

@supadom said:

Definitely liking the logo. Would even wear it on a t-shirt!

Boob man, eh?

Yeah, three eyes and one boob. Sexy!

• Ha, MIDI Everything would be nice (in comparison to MIDI half backed in:[enter your app of choice] :)

• Yonac has always been good with MIDI before. I have faith :)

• There is a glimpse of midi settings at 1.25 in the last video...

• @Flo26 said:

A bit afraid of the price with iap's.lol.

Yes, we will see. I think the presence of competition will help.

• @supadom: You're right, thank's! That looks indeed a bit like MIDI Everything.

• @ChrisG said:

... is that it accepts and processes L/R channels independently. Unlike most guitar fx/amp units out on iOS, as far as I know.

This is what I'm excited about. I'm totally happy with Jamup otherwise for guitar tones. I want stereo distortions and the like though, mostly for drum processing.

• Updated post with more info.

• edited July 2014

I gotta say, the bit about

"multiplex" your signal by using frequency splitting

is very intriguing. probably worth the purchase just for that.

[edit: @thesoundtestroom demo-ed this briefly in his review. thanks Doug]

• edited July 2014

Damn... i think i have to buy it! I need also more time to get also used to my new and first MacBook. Seems i'm going to get a overload soon ;). Then i'm still lurking for this iconnectivity thing.... I need more years to live ;)

Edit: Now i'm even more excited about this. BPM sync and LFO for FX ;) Using up to 64 FX ;D And when i understand it right they used something like "physical modelling" or?

• Interesting stuff. However, looks like only 1 bass amp in this app (so far). The studio effects look good though. I'm very interested to hear the plate verb.

• Yonac apps just look beautiful, I'm really excited for this one. I see they brought the Bit Mistress over from Magellan, using all these pedals with a hopefully equally as great MIDI learn implementation is going to be so much fun.

• I think that if you buy the whole complete package it will cost around the price of Cubasis

• edited July 2014

A new system @thesoundtestroom said:

I think that if you buy the whole complete package it will cost around the price of Cubasis

Is the 'cubasis' a new monetary unit like bitcoin? ... "That'll cost you a half a cubasis"

• I was willing to pay about half the cubasis price, think I'll pass if it's 50. Don't really need it anyway.

• Haha. So one "Cubasis" equals about 50 dollars U.S.? That's about right for all the content, but I do hope the base app is either 20 dollars or less or freemium like AmpKit and JamUp are. Don't get me wrong, I'm probably in no matter what, but you really should be able to try it out before dropping 30 or 40 bucks.

• Maybe there's hope for an intro sale? Would be great!

• Really hoping it'll be less than that, for an introductory offer at least... It may turn out to be fully worth it, but I just don't want to blow that much on yet another amp/fx sim, and certainly not before seeing some more reviews and videos.

OTOH, I might just get the bundles I really want and skip the recorder and metal packs...let's wait and see what happens tomorrow....

Another thing I'm worried about is storage footprint...I might have to dump stuff if it turns out to be huge.

Still, I am excited about this release and looking forward to what tomorrow may bring!

• edited July 2014

If the price seems high, ponder on something simple and concrete like this...FabFilters Limiter plugin in Auria costs $40. That is ONE effect unit. A really, really good one. But still ONE effect unit. ToneStack contains around ONE HUNDRED different units (quality most likely varies a bit between all the units, but still). How do you put a price tag on software, how do you value software? How much is software worth? As much as people are willing to pay? As much as the ecosystem the software is being sold in requires to make revenue? And so on..,yada yada ...

To me this looks like a TREMENDOUS value for the money. But I'm used to both PC/Mac pricing models, and the very different ecosystem that is the AppStore. Anyway, do take a look at how much the software we buy on the AppStore would cost you on a regular PC/Mac (to get a bit of a reality check and perspective).