Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Pro by Akai Professional & Retronyms OUT NOW (IAA/MIDI supported)

edited August 2014 in General App Discussion

Out now!

Intro Price (US $)

• $12.99

Regular Pricing:

• $19.99

IMPC Pro has been submitted to Apple today (Thursday June 26th, source Akai official twitter). I'm just gonna guess a Juli 4th release date (Edit: Which turned out to be wrong, but only 4 days off!;). Akai are celebrating this with a price drop on the old iMPC, which is only $1.99 right now. (Edit: Not any longer).

AppStore Linkage: https://itunes.apple.com/app/impc-pro/id888946092?mt=8

Official Akai iMPC Pro site: http://www.akaipro.com/product/impc-pro

Vlogs/Functions Overview videos by Retronyms:

http://6be54c364949b623a3c0-4409a68c214f3a9eeca8d0265e9266c0.r0.cf2.rackcdn.com/1073/images/impcpro_screen1_1200x750.png

http://6be54c364949b623a3c0-4409a68c214f3a9eeca8d0265e9266c0.r0.cf2.rackcdn.com/1073/images/impcpro_screen8_1200x750.png

http://6be54c364949b623a3c0-4409a68c214f3a9eeca8d0265e9266c0.r0.cf2.rackcdn.com/1073/images/impcpro_screen14_1200x750.png

http://6be54c364949b623a3c0-4409a68c214f3a9eeca8d0265e9266c0.r0.cf2.rackcdn.com/1073/images/impcpro_screen2_1200x750.png

http://6be54c364949b623a3c0-4409a68c214f3a9eeca8d0265e9266c0.r0.cf2.rackcdn.com/1073/images/impcpro_screen4_1200x750.png

FEATURES:

• A platform for creating sample-based music on your iPad with renowned MPC functionality

• Sample audio from the iPad microphone, your own tracks using resampling, other apps using InterApp Audio, or your music library using the multi-touch turntable interface

• 64 tracks for flexible multi-track music production including gain fader, 3-band EQ, mute, solo, panning and FX sends on each track

• All-new chop-shop provides intuitive multi-touch editing, trimming, auditioning, splicing, splicing and processing of sample

• All-new Timeline View opens a multi-touch gestural editor for sequencing, recording, and editing

• All-new Flux mode lets you warp and glitch your beats in real-time or with automation

• All-new Precision Knobs and Faders expand on command for precisely dialing in parameters

• Drag n' Drop your samples for simplified program/kit assembly

• All-new 3D-performance mode lets your perform with your iPad's accelerometer

• All-new Turbo Duck effect fattens up your tracks with sidechain compression

• Exclusive sound library featuring 1,400+ samples from sound designer Richard Devine with hundreds of Akai Pro exclusive samples

• Improved sampling workflow with re-sampling and sample library organization

• 16 Levels mode with attack, velocity, length, and tuning settings for quickly creating variations of your sounds

• Note Variation slider lets you adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play

• Onboard effects include delay, bit crusher, and master compressor/limiter

• Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback

• Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing

• MPC Note Repeat featuring 1/8 note – 1/32T timing with latch

• Supports Inter-App Audio in iOS7 for sampling from your other music apps

• AudioCopy and AudioPaste for copying/pasting beats and sequences from compatible apps

• Seamless integration with Retronym’s Tabletop app for iPad, a modular audio environment

• Works with MPC Element via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)

• Community sharing built-in: directly upload to SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer

• iOS support for simple drag-and-drop, plucking, and multi-touch music gestures

• Interactive gesture control for automation, mixing, and effects

• Automation lets you record pad and track mute changes to your sequence

• Tabletop ready – use iMPC Pro inside the acclaimed Tabletop App to combine it with dozens of synths, sequencers, FX and more

• Samples may be set to 1-shot or "hold" mode

• Tuning, Panning, Level, Lo-Pass and Hi-Pass available for each sound

• Easy cloning of sequences via multitouch capabilities

• Classic "Next-Sequence" lets you juggle your sequences to experiment with different compositions or for dynamic live performance

• Mute and poly pad groups for authentic percussion performances

• Mixer effects include tempo-sync'd delay, reverb, chorus, flanger

• Add third-party effects with InterApp Audio Effect

• Pad effects include custom-designed envelope filters, 4-mode distortion and ring mod

• Supports InterApp Audio mode. Record the outputs directly into other apps like GarageBand and Cubasis

• Over 20 demo projects to manipulate, shape and learn with

• Extensive Undo History lets you roll back your project to any state

• Export your tracks as an audio file

• See more at: http://www.akaipro.com/product/impc-pro#features

Comments

• Wow, okay, so this is actually happening soon? All the jokes aside about the incessant hype and constant demo videos, this does look like a damn powerful app. I think it may just be a little bit too "much" for my skill level, music "production" (if you want to call it that) needs, and the CPU of my iPad2. But I'll definitely be all over the release and curious to see things like price, file size, etc.

• Did the original iMPC just get a price drop? It shows $1.99 in the App Store, but still shows $6.99 (since Nov 2013) on App Shopper.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id584548447?mt=8

• edited June 2014

Yea they are celebrating the submission with a price drop on the old iMPC.

• Richard Devine samples....nice!

• shall we start a pool for the price?

Me: $19.99, $14.99 intro

• edited June 2014

So much hype I nearly forgot what is missing from the 84 bullet points of features: "audiobus" and "MIDI"

huh?? well, we knew they weren't supporting audiobus... but "Pro" with no MIDI implementation?

very confusing, these AKAI folks are. ...back to Beatmaker 2 for me.

• @syrupcore said:

shall we start a pool for the price?

Me: $19.99, $14.99 intro

Yea. They know the "Akai" brand name will keep them up high on the top lists. But they also know it's the AppStore we're talking about. And 20 bucks on the AppStore is being looked at by people like it's 200 bucks. They are gonna balance it for a long term high ranking app (I'm guessing the old MPC will be dirt cheap but still high on the charts and making money alongside the new app). So I'm gonna say $19.99 too.

• Is the "old" iMPC worth getting or should I wait for Pro? I remember seeing something in the other iMPC Pro thread about existing iMPC owners getting hooked up when Pro drops.

• @Hmtx said:

So much hype I nearly forgot what is missing from the 84 bullet points of features: "audiobus" and "MIDI"

huh?? well, we knew they weren't supporting audiobus... but "Pro" with no MIDI implementation?

+1. After iMini and iMPC this looks like stryke 3 to me. I guess where is the incentive if people buy it anyway...

• I suspect it will follow the Gadget pricing; 25 intro, 40 regular.

• @telecharge said:

Is the "old" iMPC worth getting or should I wait for Pro? I remember seeing something in the other iMPC Pro thread about existing iMPC owners getting hooked up when Pro drops.

If the sample set is the same I see no reason to get the old one (which also have over 1200 samples from Devine). The iPhone version on the other hand, if you want an MPC in your pocket:)

• No midi is the deal killer for me too. Bm2 will do until bm3 comes out. I'm sure they'll sell loads because of the akai hype though, bless.

• @Hmtx said:

I have to agree.....will have to see if the early adopters see any midi implementation.......maybe they will save the most useful feature announcement for launch ?

• Yep, no MIDI to speak of and we still haven't seen song view.

Does it support IAA instruments? I don't think I saw that in the IAA video. It does say 'sample based workflow' but being able to use/program synths is a big part of what keeps me in NanoStudio.

• It does support IAA instruments (mentioned that in the IAA video)

• That said, I don't think we should belittle the fact that there are an awful lot of nice looking features packed into this thing. AMP and FLT envelopes and effects per pad is pretty rad, for instance.

• edited June 2014

@CalCutta said:

It does support IAA instruments (mentioned that in the IAA video)

Thanks. That's good news.

Edit: I just skipped through it and didn't see mention of it. It supports sampling from IAA instruments but not sequencing them (like BM2 or Cubasis, for instance).

• Total speculation on my part, but I think there will be MIDI implementation but it will be entirely through IAA connections and nothing outside.

• That spec list is from Akais site. There might be some things that are not listed. Didn't the old one have midi, but no mention of it, and Synapsya or someone dug out all the midi cc's?

• edited June 2014

Cant stop laughing
    the "pro" cant sequence anything but itself
    &_&
    Hip trash for hip kids

• I just want a proper working midi clock sync in and out. I know that is a though one to get working across the board in iOS land, but would be very useful.

• After i watched the first video i was for sure paying 20 dls without doubts. But after all the videos and the specifications is not worth it for me more than 7-8 dlls.

• $1.99 for the Devine samples in iMPC via iFunbox is a great deal for those who don't own them already.

• Here's the best thing about them submitting this to the App Store : they can stop hyping it, and get to work releasing the mystery Arturia synth.

• With omni midi only ^^

• ^^ pessimist!

• @Zymos said:

Here's the best thing about them submitting this to the App Store : they can stop hyping it, and get to work releasing the mystery Arturia synth.

That's how I feel about it too, not being critical about the iMPC PRO, I just get more excited about VA synth apps than samplers, especially the ones I can automate easily.

• @syrupcore said:

Yep, no MIDI to speak of and we still haven't seen song view.

Yea I just noticed that too going through the pictures again. There are pics from basically all tabs/sections except the "song" tab. Any dude from Retronyms or Akai here that wanna slap a screen of the song view on here?

• Does iMPC Pro have an X0X-like step sequencer?

• No Midi in an IMPC "Pro"? I lol'd hard.All the hype and then...this.

Move on,nothing to see here...