Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMPC Pro by Akai Professional & Retronyms OUT NOW (IAA/MIDI supported)

Comments

• @syrupcore said:

It is (or could be) indeed a massive bug but I haven't had a chance to look further into it.

I will be sad if this is a bug, I haven't come across it yet but it's the kind of thing that could stop me using the app all together :/

• If it really has a pattern of losing auto chop points, I reckon they'll fix that. In contrast to design decisions or features they decided to leave out which may or may not ever see the light of day.

• @goldfish said:

it's not possible to reverse a sample in real time?

Not that I've found. A bit of a bummer but I couldn't do it in real time on my S760 either so I'll get over it.

@Korakios said:

Did anyone compare the sample library of impc pro with the classic?

I never bought the first one but think it was stated earlier in this thread that they are different libraries.

I've asked before but it's really important question : Does impc pro worth buying if someone already has beatmaker2?

Think it depends on what you want. Beatmaker runs circles around iMPC in many many ways. IMPC has a leg up in a few though: actual MPC style workflow (and much better design in both the graphic and flow sense), much better sample library and more real time pad playing options are a few that spring to mind. But really, BM2 is still a more capable app. Audio tracks, a robust sampling keyboard and midi out for controlling other instruments...

• I'm running Yosemite DP3. and I can tell you it's the same thing. Hopefully they'll update iTunes as well.
    I know about iFunBox, but I was hoping for native iTunes support. Because it works wirelessly :D

@Samu said:

@alexbuga said:

Guys how do you delete samples from iTunes? I mean certain samples, not all the user dir?

I have the latest iTunes, and from what I remember, they don't allow anymore to browse through folders. You only see one master folder of the app in iTunes File Sharing.

I'm using iFunBox for this, works really well for housekeeping like copying samples between apps, and adding folders full of samples. (Since i own both iMPC and iMPC Pro i moved all the iMPC samples into iMPC Pro).

Why iTunes only handle singe files is still a mystery and i hope this will change with OS X Yosemity which i hope will allow us to directly access the shared files in the Finder like iFunBox does.

If i keep a positive mindset the new iOS8 Filepicker will allow apps that can act as File Repo's and announce the available files to all apps that use the iOS 8 Filepicker, who will be first to implement iOS8 file picker(AudioShare or AudioCopy2)?

• @syrupcore said:

@Korakios said:

Did anyone compare the sample library of impc pro with the classic?

I never bought the first one but think it was stated earlier in this thread that they are different libraries.

I've asked before but it's really important question : Does impc pro worth buying if someone already has beatmaker2?

Think it depends on what you want. Beatmaker runs circles around iMPC in many many ways. IMPC has a leg up in a few though: actual MPC style workflow (and much better design in both the graphic and flow sense), much better sample library and more real time pad playing options are a few that spring to mind. But really, BM2 is still a more capable app. Audio tracks, a robust sampling keyboard and midi out for controlling other instruments...

Thanks @syrupcore...I'm close to hit the buy button ,but I'm not sure if I actually ever use it!(just like the classic impc)

• How's the sample library in this? I don't think I'd do much importing into this app, but there might be value for me in the samples. Is it mostly drums and synths? Real instruments? Song loops? All of the above? Just curious what people think.

• Retronyns confirmed that MPC project/program export was not included in iMPC Pro, even though it was included in iMPC. They said supporting that feature would require extra resources. They also acknowledged that the MPC Element's velocity sensitive pads were not working due to a bug. Not sure if a fix is in the works, but they did say a fix for the Tabletop bug has been submitted to Apple so all is not lost.

• Does this App have Midi in and out ?

• if not its just a sketchpad ?

• I failed with the classic iMPC (what's wrong about the apps with the "AKAI" name?), so I'll wait for a while...Korg's sales are knockin' on my door right now.

• I think as a matter of course we should all send the developer of ifunbox a dollar....

• don't forget to save your work before export.... i lost my work because of a crash during exporting :(

• edited July 2014

About the MIDI clock sync thing...It might just be that iMPC Pro sends out (and receives) a regular start & stop command, that some configs picks up and others won't, and not clock sync. Just an idea, but after messing around with it all a bit more, it looks like that might be a more plausible explanation to the seemingly random start/stop working/not working. But someone would need to check what exactly is going on inside IAA/virtual midi on iMPCs end to be sure, I guess.

Anyway, still having fun with this one. I've actually made a whole song, it absolutely sucks, but it's there! Which is more then I can say about the original iMPC, which I never ended up using at all.

About the samples, except for a rare few, they are all new ones. If you want the (really good) original iMPCs samples inside this one, use iFunbox and drop a folder with those old samples into this one.

• @ChrisG said:

About the MIDI clock sync thing...It might just be that iMPC Pro sends out (and receives) a regular start & stop command, that some configs picks up and others won't, and not clock sync. Just an idea, but after messing around with it all a bit more, it looks like that might be a more plausible explanation to the seemingly random start/stop working/not working. But someone would need to check what exactly is going on inside IAA/virtual midi on iMPCs end to be sure, I guess.

I think you're right, @ChrisG. Auria and Cubasis handle this differently. i had the same problem with this working in Cubasis but not Auria with Jam Maestro, and the developer was able to fix the issue. I want to say Cubasis listens for stop/play messages, and Auria listens for pause/continue + song position pointer messages, but I may have those reversed or screwed up. But they definitely have different implementations of the MIDI spec, so hopefully this will be an easy fix.

• I reinstalled the app,done hard reset,tried different samples but no matter what i do as soon as I save and close when I open up the track again all the loop points are still of.I haven't found a fix yet.Hopefully they fix this soon as it was one of the biggest selling points for me

• (Yawn)........

• For me in general the samples of iMPC are better than the iMPC Pro. The iMPC Pro have some loops but the quality are better in the old one, in fact some of the packs doesnt sound rigth they have a hiss sound at the end of the sample.
    You cant find the classic the usual kits in the pro version, i hope in an update they put better samples.
    You will find a lot of sounds but not a lot options for kicks, snares and hihats in each kit.

• edited July 2014

@ChrisG said:

Very slow loading process everytime you open a project, if you stock it up with lots of samples.

>

If you want the (really good) original iMPCs samples inside this one, use iFunbox and drop a folder with those old samples into this one.

>

I wonder if creating a symbolic link to additional samples in a separate folder would work and if that would speed up load time.

• Yaaaaaaaaawn........ Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• @Dubhausdisco said:

Yaaaaaaaaawn........ Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

.....snoring while waiting for bm3? Might be a while

• Just checking in- as usual more blah blah about apps and not a whole lot about actually creating anything....

Carry on....
    Zzzzzzzz

• @Dubhausdisco said:

Just checking in- as usual more blah blah about apps and not a whole lot about actually creating anything....

Carry on....
    Zzzzzzzz

Well, the app just dropped yesterday. Kinda seems like you're trolling.

• Really hating the IAA right now

• @Joe You are right, there is a bug when you create a Chop Program, send an email to retronyms and receive this:

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for reporting this. We are looking into this now.

Regards,
    Eric

And for other bug with Velocity of MPC Element this:

Thanks Fabio,

I have reported the issue of the Element and Fly only playing in full level to our engineers. As for iMPC Pro not showing up in Tabletop, this is also an issue we just found and is fixed in the next version of Tabletop. Keep an eye out for that update.

Thank you for all the bug reporting.

Regards,
    Eric

• I upload a little simple song yesterday, but don't have time to work serious on this baby:

• @telecharge said:

@Dubhausdisco said:

Just checking in- as usual more blah blah about apps and not a whole lot about actually creating anything....

Carry on....
    Zzzzzzzz

Well, the app just dropped yesterday. Kinda seems like you're trolling.

Leave the man alone, he's clearly making music to hopefully eventually creatively enriching this thread.

• edited July 2014

@Sinapsya said:

I upload a little simple song yesterday, but don't have time to work serious on this baby:

Really nice, I likey. Thanks for sharing that.

• @supadom said:

Leave the man alone, he's clearly making music to hopefully eventually creatively enriching this thread.

Fair play.

• How did retronyms make a video using the element but didn't realize that velocity sensitivity was bugged? Seriously ??

• @supadom said:

@Dubhausdisco said:

Yaaaaaaaaawn........ Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

.....snoring while waiting for bm3? Might be a while

I can wait. I'll take the 2 beers and remain productive in BMII rather than learn another app(iMPCPro) I won't use.
    If iMPCPro gets developed to the point where it outperforms BMIII when it's released, I'll reconsider then.